Menu
SPENNEY
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports channels not coming up on Virgin go. It normally redirected me to sky sports to watch them

Sky sports channels not coming up on Virgin go. It normally redirected me to sky sports to watch them

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports channels not coming up on Virgin go. It normally redirected me to sky sports to wa...

Hi SPENNEY, 

Thank you for your post. 

Can you confirm when you are looking for the channels that you are logged in? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports channels not coming up on Virgin go. It normally redirected me to sky sports to watch them

Hi Spenney,

Only Sky Sports news and Sky Sports Mix can be viewed using the VM TV Go app.

To watch the other Sky Sports channels you need to download the Sky Sports app

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports channels not coming up on Virgin go. It normally redirected me to sky sports to watch them

@newapollo 

If the customer is subscribed to Sky Sports the channels should appear in the TV Go app but with a breakout link to the Sky Sports app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A

The only Sky Sports channels showing on any of my devices (and I have the Ultimate Oomph which includes all Sky Sports) are Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Mix

The other channels used to be displayed with a breakout link for the Sky Sports app until about 7 or 8 weeks ago. Since then the other Sky Sports channels are no longer displayed within TV Go

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

@Graham_A

The only Sky Sports channels showing on any of my devices (and I have the Ultimate Oomph which includes all Sky Sports) are Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Mix

The other channels used to be displayed with a breakout link for the Sky Sports app until about 7 or 8 weeks ago. Since then the other Sky Sports channels are no longer displayed within TV Go

Then you are experiencing the same fault that many other customers are reporting on this forum.

This is how it should look:

Screenshot_20200918-200333.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I thought it might be down to an account level problem rather than the app, however I ran the Windows desktop version of TV Go, and indeed the Sky Sports channels were there, along with the breakout link.

I opened the app on my tablet and mobile and the Sky Sports channels did not appear in the lists so I cleared the app data and cache on both devices and hey presto the Sky Sports channels now appear up along with breakout links.

Dave

0 Kudos
Lucy_B
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

We reached out to our support team who confirmed there was an issue, however they believe this should now be resolved. 

Could you check the app and let us know if the channels are now listed?

If not, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the application please. 

Thanks

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
SPENNEY
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports channels not coming up on Virgin go. It normally redirected me to sky sports to wa...

Not sure what you mean 

I look for the channel's when I want to watch the football, cricket etc

Go into the virgin app and all the channels come up but only Sky sports and sports mix now. 

I used to find Sky sports 1 for example and then it redirected me to sky sports and the programme came on. 

0 Kudos