Menu
MichaelH3
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports app loction error

Plenty others with same issue.  It won't play and my location settings are on.   Sky works fine.  Thankfully still have a few days left as I've recently moved but at this rate I'll be going back to sky as within the 14 days

Has anyone been given a working solution to this?

M

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports app loction error

Hi MichaelH3, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue with playing the Sky Sports app. 

Since posting how have things been? 

Try uninstalling the app, turning OFF location settings, rebooting the device then turning the settings back ON. Once you've done this, re-download the app and make sure you are signing in on the Virgin Media option. 

Has this helped resolve things? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Smudgermini
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Didn’t work for me. 

0 Kudos
Sevs66
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Has ANYONE had this resolved yet? My son can watch it on his iPhone but me, the bill payer, cannot access it on my Samsung S9. Images show error message and Virgin's own claim that I can watch it in the EU, which is simply untrue. Rang Virgin the other day and all they can do is log it. But with so many threads on this forum having the same issue surely they should be resolving this?Screenshot_20190804-141342_Sky Sports.jpg

Screenshot_20190804-141919_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sevs66, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Really sorry to see you're having some problems with the Sky Sports app. 

Have you been able to follow the steps in the post above from Kath_F? 

Could you also confirm whether you have any other devices registered you can test? 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Sevs66
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've tried every conceivable action I've found on forums and help pages. My son has his iPhone linked to the app from the same account and his has been working all holiday with no problems 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Can you tell us what you have tried Sevs66?

Can you try uninstalling the app and re-installing it. Before you log in, can you switch off your wifi and try logging in using mobile data?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Sevs66
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled but still get the same error message. I've tried it with WiFi and Mobile Data. All other channels work through the Virgin TV Go app, just the Sky Sports channels through the Sky Sports App that keeps falling over. I'll try it again as you instruct and let you know the outcome

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Please do.

Also you may have already checked but make sure that your location services are turned on.

Please also let us know what you have tried so far.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Sevs66
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've done as you suggested and I'm still getting the same error message.

I have also tried it on WiFi, I've uninstalled the device from my registered list and reinstalled it. 

I've also installed a VPN and used a UK gateway but still no joy. However I've managed to get it once by selecting the link provided by a Sky Sports notification. This was the only incident as further attempts through that route also failed.

Mark

0 Kudos