Menu
Passel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sky cinema content missing TV go

Why is there only 300 of the 1100+ films available on the app? Why is none of the recently released films on sky cinema available?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky cinema content missing TV go

Box Sets > Movies > Sky Cinema - there are roughly 920 movies.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Passel
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hmm. IM using the app on a oneplus 6 and don't get that many. What are you using?

0 Kudos
Passel
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Also I don't have an option of box sets > movies

Only box sets> channels > sky on demand > sky cinema

There is a drop down for most watched but no other filter options

Version is 2.3.52 prod(21301)

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Passel wrote:

Hmm. IM using the app on a oneplus 6 and don't get that many. What are you using?

@Passel wrote:

Also I don't have an option of box sets > movies

Only box sets> channels > sky on demand > sky cinema

There is a drop down for most watched but no other filter options

Version is 2.3.52 prod(21301)

I'm using an iPhone, however, I'll try on an Android Emulator and let you know.

edit: yea, doesn't seem to work on an Emulator, however, the options do appear. It's option 3, then it should be "Movies" then when scrolling down Sky Cinema should be there alongside Virgin Store. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Passel
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can get to where sky cinema is but it lacks any option to choose the filter. It just shows most watched. This is why the selection is limited. On the web browser I can see much more.

The issue seems to be with your Android version of the app not working correctly. At least on Android 10

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Passel, 

Really sorry you're not able to see all of the movies available via TvGo at the moment. 

We've been unable to replicate the issue you're having from here so we're going to email off some details and see what comes back. 

We'll let you know when we know anymore. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Emma_C wrote:

Hi Passel, 

Really sorry you're not able to see all of the movies available via TvGo at the moment. 

We've been unable to replicate the issue you're having from here so we're going to email off some details and see what comes back. 

We'll let you know when we know anymore. 

Thanks. 

@Emma_C  Odd that you have not been able to replicate this using an android 10 device in the office.

I see the same fault, but not just with Sky Cinema but with any channel selected via the box set route on the TV Go app.  The drop down box seems stuck on 'Most Popular' and no drop down options for other criteria appear.

Edit: the filter options do appear when accessing the TV Go web page - so this would definitely appear to be an issue with the Android 10 app version. 

Maybe other versions are affected as well, but I don't have any available devices to test that theory.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Passel wrote:

I can get to where sky cinema is but it lacks any option to choose the filter. It just shows most watched. This is why the selection is limited. On the web browser I can see much more.

The issue seems to be with your Android version of the app not working correctly. At least on Android 10

The selection between the web version of TV Go and the apps is the same. For instance here's the bottom of the Sky Cinema 'Most Watched' selection via the website:

Sky Cinema online.PNG

And here it is on the Android app:

Sky Cinema Android.png

The 'A-Z' and 'Most Recent' options that don't seem to be working on Android shouldn't alter the total number of films available, but just the order in which they're shown in the list.

For instance 'Lucy' shows at the top of the list in 'Most Recent' and is also shown in the 'Most Watched' list towards the end (as it's not been watched as much as others).

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I guess it's also worth pointing out what @Kev_B posted here when Sky Cinema moved to the TV Go app:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-Cinema-is-on-TV-Go/m-p/4340140#M68259

I've checked this with our apps team, and I can confirm that at the moment we've made a selection of the top content available, plus all the new daily premieres. We'll complete the full catalogue on the app later in the year.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own