Menu
RobertMcA22
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sky cinema app

Does anyone know why we dont get use of sky cinema and why it's not been updated in 2 years? Contacted sky but they dont care in the slightest and when you speak with someone from virgin they tell you it's not their app and have no control over it. I really dont understand why we cant use the virgin tv go app to watch these channels to be honest, seems most logical for us to get use of these channels when not at home

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky cinema app

sky set the licensing rules and they don't want them on TV go
0 Kudos
RobertMcA22
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So sky are basically not letting us use it on the go then, I'm not sure it shouldn't be advertised for on the go if it cant be used, sky are a disgrace, virgin need to either stop advertising it or speak with sky and get the usage on tv go app

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media customers can use the Sky Cinema app on mobile devices so not sure what the gripe here is about.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
RobertMcA22
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The gripe here is if you have an android 10 phone or tablet you have no chance of using the app, the app hasnt been updated in 2 years and as a virgin customer who would use the app on the go and cant then I have to ask some questions, tried on the phone but they dont know anything.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

'sky are a disgrace'

copyright reasons. much harder to capture films and torrent them on a tablet/phone. blame those that pirate films.

'virgin need to either stop advertising it'

it still works. just because some tech is no longer compatible, they won't just stop advertising it.
0 Kudos
RobertMcA22
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They have to put in their small print that it doesnt work on other devices from 2018 and up then, nowadays most people have these and it doesnt work, so yeah they do have to stop advertising it because it doesnt work as it should and not one virgin employee can tell you anything about it or do anything about.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@RobertMcA22  Hope you have seen today's announcement.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-Cinema-is-on-TV-Go/td-p/4325332/jump-to/first-...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

AF041004
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hiya

i can no longer update the Sky App on my phone, and then use my Virgin login as before. 

Anyone know what’s going on? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @AF041004 

The Sky Cinema App is not longer available see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-Cinema-is-on-TV-Go/m-p/4325332#M67702

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos