cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports

notmyrealname
Dialled in

Anyone know why subtitles on Sky Sports through mobile, no obvious way to remove them nor have I ever asked for them, even deleted the app and restore app doesn’t fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good Afternoon @notmyrealname and thanks for your post on our Community Forums,

Can you please confirm if the assistance from @newapollo has allowed you to resolve this issue on the iPhone?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @notmyrealname 

This can happen on android devices  if Live caption is turned on in the mobile (not the app) settings.

It can also be present when using the web browser. It can be turned off there if using Chrome for instance by clicking on the three-dot menu at the top right.  Then on the Settings page, click ing Advanced in the navigation bar on the left. And under Advanced, clicking  Accessibility and turning off Live Caption by sliding the button to the left.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

iPhone not Android, does it make a difference?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @notmyrealname 

I'm an android fanboy so don't have access to an iphone or ipad, however the following page suggests it may be the same.

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/use-live-captions-your-iphone 

Go to your phone settings first, then select "accessibility" one-third of the way down the menu options

Scroll about halfway down to find the Live Captions option.

You'll probably also see a selection for Closed Captioning settings (different from Live Captions) which control how already-generated captioning services

appear on your devices.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Good Afternoon @notmyrealname and thanks for your post on our Community Forums,

Can you please confirm if the assistance from @newapollo has allowed you to resolve this issue on the iPhone?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn