cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports requires subscription

Edowie
Joining in

Hi,

Today my virgin package was upgraded to include sky sports. According to this page I should be able to watch the sky channels on tablet/computer etc. I have logged into sky with my virgin account and I can watch the sky mix channel. But all other channels give me an error saying I need an appropriate subscription. I can watch the channels on my TV fine.

Does it just take a bit of time for the sky account to be set up properly? Or is there a problem? I can't find any mention of set up times in regards to sky. Also on the phone when setting up the new subscription I was told it would come into effect straight away (though probably meant the TV/internet).

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Edowie,

Any changes made over the phone are usually actioned immediately on the hub and your set top box(es)

However it can take a few days for the app set up to be completed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Edowie,

Any changes made over the phone are usually actioned immediately on the hub and your set top box(es)

However it can take a few days for the app set up to be completed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Edowie, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I apologise for any delays in getting the service up and running. 

We just wanted to reach out and check if you have now been able to access the channels/content via the app?

If not, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you are receiving and we will do all we can to help 🙂 

Thank you 

Nat