Menu
gmj1892
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports on laptop - Access denied

Hi all,

When trying to sign in with my Virgin details on Sky's website in order to watch Sky Sports on my Windows laptop, I get the following error message (the code is slightly different each time):

Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://wig.sky.com/webauth?" on this server. Reference #18.d46e5668.1618399438.680c195

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried different browsers and cleared cache/cookies, but still no joy. The Sky app works with my Virgin login details on my Android phone, so it can't be an account problem.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports on laptop - Access denied

Hello

The message is happening as for some reason Sky have blocked you external IP address, you will need to contact Sky to find out why you have been blocked and too get them to remove the block, there is nothing that Virginmedia can do to remove this block.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @gmj1892,

Thank you for your post, and welcome back to our community forums.

I am very sorry to hear you're having this issue accessing this website lately. Is this ongoing today? Are any other websites impacted at all, and is it only via the one device?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gmj1892
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach,

Yeah it's still happening today and has been for a few days now. I've not noticed any other websites being affected. Yeah it's only via the Windows Laptop - it works on my Android phone. Haven't tried on any others.

Would be great to get some advice on how to solve this. Thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @gmj1892,

Thanks for the prompt response and further information on what's going on here.

As @DJ_Shadow1966 advised in their post earlier, if you're on the same connection with other devices but they're not affected then it appears that the affected device's IP address may have been blocked/blacklisted. The connection we're providing would impact all devices it was on if that was the cause.

If possible, I would advise to contact the impacting site to see if they can assist you further with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos