Menu
Tractor_Buck
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports live streaming

Hi all.

The Sky Sports app keeps crashing on my Android Tab whenever I try to live stream any channels. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but it still won't work. Any thoughts on this? 

As an aside, I've contacted Sky direct who haven't offered any help other than to say that they are removing Sky Sports Mobile TV from next month. Are VM aware of this and do they have plans to provide an alternative?

Thanks 

TB

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports live streaming

The Sky Sports app & Sky Sports Mobile TV app are totally separate entities (See below).

Only the mobile TV app is closing. Just tested & no streaming issues with the channels on iOS.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nxp.sky.skysportstv.google&hl=en_GB&gl=US 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.sportnews&hl=en_GB&gl=US 

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tractor_Buck
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's what I thought - I've said that to the Sky guys and asked if they are removing the live TV option from the Sky Sports app as well.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Even if they do remove the app, as they did with the Sky Cinema app, the channels will simply be moved onto TV Go. I wish they would, as then at least everything would be in one place.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks