Menu
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 111 of 113
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports app on Chromebook.

The Sky Sports app used to use Silverlight which is no longer supported by modern browsers as all of them already transitioned to HTML5.

Silverlight development framework is currently only supported on Internet Explorer 11, although I don't think it can be downloaded on Chromebooks.

I haven't got a Chromebook so can't test it but the following Chrome extension might work internet explorer tab for chromebook 

Please try that and update the thread to say whether or not it works as that would help other Chromebook users.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 112 of 113
Flag for a moderator

@gregywils wrote:

So, you can't remember and I (along with many other Chromebook users) know it did work. Maybe we could move on from that point.

I'm not disputing it's worked. But if it's not listed as a supported device, then it's been a technical error in your favour that's now been amended to align to the published supported devices

Here's the supported device list from Sky's page in 2019 which pretty much matches the current list (excluding any minimum OS and browser versions) https://web.archive.org/web/20190522172546/http://partner.help.sky.com/

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 113 of 113
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

The Sky Sports app used to use Silverlight which is no longer supported by modern browsers as all of them already transitioned to HTML5.

Silverlight development framework is currently only supported on Internet Explorer 11, although I don't think it can be downloaded on Chromebooks.

I haven't got a Chromebook so can't test it but the following Chrome extension might work internet explorer tab for chromebook 

Please try that and update the thread to say whether or not it works as that would help other Chromebook users.

Sky ditched Silverlight a while back for the web, but they moved to the desktop player which is Windows and macOS specific, not to HTML5.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos