Menu
alistairb7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports access COM 104164015

The guys in the Manchester call centre raised this complaint number COM104164015. They felt that might help resolution

on Facebook you asked me to post here to resolve.

the issue is that I was sold four to five devices access to sky sports, have registered 5 on sky sports app - it says 

"maximum users reached. Your account only allows one single user from your household to watch sky sports at one time"

The info on the website says four - the call centres and your texts say I should have four simultaneously, I signed for four (five actually with the package) - but you are only delivering one.

this is miss selling. So far this has taken me over four months (since starting new with Virgin), with multiple calls, texts and Facebook (you don’t have email!?); with multiple people (at least 10 min), multiple  Call centres, multiple functions.

i have been repeatedly promised resolution, call backs by managers and switching to different functions (who promise that this will be the right place)

so far no one has done what they said or delivered what they promised

Having asked me to post on here, please can you demonstrate that you at least do what you say you will do - and help resolve this?

i am being forced to go the legal route as I am paying for something that is not what I was promised, contracted for and confirmed - with no service to resolve it

I seriously look forward to seeing if this finally helps resolve it

thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports access COM 104164015

Hi alistairb7,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear you've not heard back regarding your complaint. However regarding simultaneous streaming of Sky Sports, these conditions and app permissions are set by directly by Sky. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-cinema-and-sky-sports-with-virgin-media

You can stream on one device at any one time; register up to six devices per household; and make three device swaps per calendar month.

Every time you use a different device it will automatically register until you reach the six device limit. When you want to watch on a seventh device, you'll need to remove one of your existing devices.

To manage your devices, visit Virgin Media UK’s

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
alistairb7
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Corey C

Thank you for the clarity.

however - you may see from my complaint (did you read it at all?) - that this is directly contravening both the contractual agreement we have, what I was promised and what is promised in your web site 

to blame Sky is not acceptable when you promise four simultaneously on ALL tv. There is NO exception, asterix or mention. Therefore, that is promising one thing, accepting payment for that service - and then not delivering it.

To make matters far worse you - virgin media - have confirmed several times the contractual agreement and my understanding. Please see the very long text trail that I have - and I am sure you have as you say you record for training purposes.

therefore - I would like a manager (as I have been repeatedly assured and promised) to reply and interact with me and resolve the issue in one way or another.

i will never accept you abdicating responsibility for non delivery of your contractual obligations and promised (which are still saying the same in all material).

therefore I am left with the conclusion that either you are purposely miss-selling and miss-representing the truth of the situation on all your web site and materials - deliberately - or you want to pretend it’s not there.

i will not let this go I am afraid. So please ensure that Virgin Media appropriately responds and discusses with me (as abdicating responsibility when you are contractually promising and not delivering something Is NOT appropriate)

I look forward to a suitable engagement rather than a “sorry, not our fault Guv” reply

Thanks - and remaining severely frustrated and unimpressed

Alistair

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, alistairb7.

I'd be happy to have our team look into this and clarify further. Where on the site does it say multiple devices can stream Sky Sports simultaneously? If you have the link, I'd be glad to forward this onward.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
alistairb7
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey - you miss read me. I didn’t say that the site said sky sports could be seen simultaneously - I said that Virgin Go says this “stream your socks off....” and register up to 4 devices to watch TV in home or out and about”

it doesn’t say - by the way you can only have one watching sky sports at one time - and you have to open via them as it doesn’t work on ours and we abdicate responsibility for delivering what we say on our site

there is no link to the page you referenced - and even then you have to dig to find the position of only one allowed at one time.

This is miss representation - and not what I was sold - and bought - in good faith

sorry 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, alistairb7

Apologies for not understanding, but that is what we are providing. We have TV on the go for portable devices to stream in home or outside and the benefit of multiple device registration is so that you have the flexibility to use it on multiple devices instead of having to carry a single laptop or PC around. If you have it on your PC? Great. Leave that at home and install it on your phone as well so on your commute to work you still have TV with you.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
alistairb7
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey

thanks - but again - that’s all lovely but it’s not what I was led to believe and bought in good faith. I was led to believe - both during the sale - and on text and Facebook with Virgin - that I should be able to watch on four to five devices.

i have a family and this was an important consideration. As with all the other channels where multiple devices can watch - so I was told for sports. As this was a key and important consideration - and having been reassured and seeing or being pointed to nothing to the contrary - I bought in on the full package at £99 a month.

i only found out about the sky issue when starting to watch and finding we couldn’t. To THEN chase for four months to gain clarity and resolution across multiple ways - and be told I could - and then couldn’t by you has been disappointing to say the least.

i still don’t feel that you are recognising that issue and the disappointment and annoyance this has caused - both the miss selling reassurance - and the after lack of service.

please don’t send me another badge and say congratulations for my inputs - I have received two today 🤦‍♂️

I want my complaint taken seriously and recognise and sort the issue it has caused. I cannot provide the service to my family that I was assured you would provide.

alistair

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, we certainly are taking your complaint seriously, however we are providing our TVGO services as specified on out site and per the terms and conditions. Unfortunately there is not an option have the app perform in the way you are stating.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
alistairb7
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the complaint seriously

i hear that you believe you are delivering to what is on the site and the terms and conditions.

I believe that this is not what is represented and that what is on the site was not clear and explicit. I was led the other way - and the web site was used to encourage me to believe that there was no issue seeing four at one time on ALL TV - no one said by the way sky sports ( which was a key part of the decision along with btsport) could only be viewed on one at a time!

had that been clear I would not have signed

Instead I was assured both at the time and on the text and Facebook - which you can see in your recordings - to the contrary.

If you say my complaint is taken seriously I would like you to acknowledge - as is in the transcript - that you recognise that there is an issue and that you will engage with me to satisfy my complaint

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi alistairb7,

Apologies for the delayed response, I'll send you a PM regarding your complaint ref#

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos