cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player error - CIE-2000

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I have been trying to use the Sky Sports player as a Virgin Media customer since Sunday, but I am continually given an error.

Please see the attachment. My internet is absolutely, definitely fine as this is my set up in work. I had to upgrade the player on Sunday. It worked fine for 20 minutes and then turned off and hasn't come back on since.I have tried the usual of uninstalling, re-installing and restarting.

I have also done some research on Sky' forum but the steps there don't work and it's no analysis of what the problem actually is. It worked fine until the player update. I am not getting anywhere with this I'm afraid and so if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

sky sports error.JPG

97 REPLIES 97

Hi Whizzer1987,

I'm happy to take a look at this to see if I can fix this issue.

Look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me,

David_Bn

Hi Op,

Did you ever manage to get this sorted out.

I am having the same issue on my work PC too.

The normal virgin media browser/app works but as soon as I go to watch Sky sports, it links to the external sky sports player, and I get the same error message.

Hi there. 

No update on this unfortunately. I asked for it to be escalated to engineering which is ongoing in the background. 

Might be worth asking for the same. 

Hi @navafzal

Can you tell us more information on your setup and what you have tried so far please.

- what PC Operating system you are using

- whether temporarily disabling antivirus/firewall still gives you the error

The information we have the better in case we have to report this to Sky after our own investigation.

Thanks,

Lisa_CC

I'm having this exact problem as well. It seems like it's affected lots of people for months. It's part of the service I signed up for: why haven't Virgin and Sky got this sorted out between them yet?!

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, using Windows 10, disabled antivirus and firewall, and had no luck.

Using Sky sports via Sky Go on the same computer with firewall and anti virus on doesn't seem to have an issue, its on with the Virgin Go app, the app itself works fine though, but when you go to the Sky Sports app, it doesn't work I'm afraid.

gav_hay
Up to speed

Can Virgin provide an update on this please as I am having the exact same problem.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the Sky Sports Player several times but to no avail. I have also tried disabling the Firewall and Anti-Virus but again to no avail.

For information, my laptop is running Windows 8.1.

danjt1984
On our wavelength

The most recent update I had was some questions from IT, who have asked me these questions before and who don't seem to be able to diagnose the issue. That was last weekend.

@danjt1984 wrote:

The most recent update I had was some questions from IT, who have asked me these questions before and who don't seem to be able to diagnose the issue. That was last weekend.

Thanks for the update.

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Unfortunately this has ground to a halt now and the private support I have been receiving has also dried up because they have had no updates either- I have had nothing concrete back in the best part of a month. This is obviously an issue affecting multiple people. Could this please be escalated?