cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Player error - CIE-2000

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I have been trying to use the Sky Sports player as a Virgin Media customer since Sunday, but I am continually given an error.

Please see the attachment. My internet is absolutely, definitely fine as this is my set up in work. I had to upgrade the player on Sunday. It worked fine for 20 minutes and then turned off and hasn't come back on since.I have tried the usual of uninstalling, re-installing and restarting.

I have also done some research on Sky' forum but the steps there don't work and it's no analysis of what the problem actually is. It worked fine until the player update. I am not getting anywhere with this I'm afraid and so if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

sky sports error.JPG

97 REPLIES 97

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Thank you Anna, I'll report back with what they say.

And as unexpectedly as it broke, this is now fixed. I wonder if Sky have made a change at their end or not as I wasn't able to speak to an engineer due to my working hours.

Or not, the error is back again. Very, very strange.

Ann_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Danjt1984,

Thanks for reaching out through Community about your  Sky Sport app.  We have found out that CIE-2000 is a common error. As you have already performed the troubleshooting steps needed and still did not work we would like to take this further to resolve it. We will need to reset your log in and we can do this via online chat.

Cheers,

Ann_E

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I have had numerous discussions with the online chat team who, having reset my Sky registered devices, decided that after nearly 2 hours that it was Sky's fault. That's not a knock on online chat, they did their best. I totally disagree with this assessment because the player worked on Sunday for a few hours and then stopped again. If the issue was at Sky's end it would be dead completely.

I believe that the issue is linked to the ongoing issues people are having with their device registration on this  thread.

Therefore, this issue is still open and I'd like to know what happens next, please.

Thanks.

Ellen_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to know about this issue with Sky Sports Player.

Can you try this link here, it might help.

Let us know how it goes. ^Ellen_C

danjt1984
On our wavelength

Hi Ellen,

I have tried that and unfortunately it has not worked. Like last Sunday morning, the player has worked yesterday for 3 hours before repeating the CIE-2000 error. It is now currently not functioning at all, with the same accursed CIE-2000 error. At this point, I'd like a discussion with a technician (not live chat) please, as I require an understanding of what this error is regarding. Something very strange is going on and until someone tells me what that error means, I can't see what I can do at my end to help things. It is not an issue with my work blocking it, as it wouldn't work at all. It is not an issue with Sky, as it wouldn't work at all. I believe that the issue is with my Virgin log on being recognised.

I have tried all basic troubleshooting and unfortunately I am now chasing my tail. So if we could please discuss my being called by a technician or engineer I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send a PM requesting some details so we can investigate further danjt1984. Please get back to me when you can & we'll take it from there.

Tom_F 

I am also having this issue, though I am a Sky customer. I know this doesn't solve the problem but just thought I would let you know in case it means it isn't a virgin account issue. Please let me know if you ever manage to get to the bottom of this, as it is frustrating me as much as it seems to be doing to you

Thanks

Chris

Hi.

Thanks for the information. I have taken this up with Tom, who has been very helpful via DM. Unfortunately, the issue still persists. Hopefully. Sky and Virgin will get their heads together and sort this out as it seems to be an issue for lots of people.

Dan