cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Live TV won’t work

IanT66
Tuning in

I am trying to watch Sky Sports Live TV on the Sky Sports app on my iPad Pro but when I try to open a channel on Live TV a message says “Could not play channel. Your subscription does not allow you to watch this programme. You can upgrade by visiting Sky.com”. I have the Ooomph package which I understood would allow this. My software is up to date iPadOS 15.4.1, I have deleted the Sky Sports app and re-installed, I have logged in again and still it won’t play Live TV. Any ideas? I am currently not on my own Wi-Fi network as I am visiting family. Is this a factor possibly?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If Sky Sports is included in your subscription and you're able to watch the channels via your TV box, then this is sufficient to enable access via the Sky app.

You are logging in using the VM-UK link on the Sky login page, not the Sky login on the RHS, aren't you?

And just for clarity's sake, which channel is giving this error?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your help and sorted now.

I was looking for the VM login on the Sky Sports app but couldn’t find it but then I read somewhere you need to login via SkySports.com not the app. I then looked there and mistakenly tried to login via the Sky login boxes and didn’t notice the separate buttons to click on for Virgin TV UK etc. It was my poor observation/reading of the page. When I used the button I could then login using my VM login rather than the Sky login I had created. In summary it was me rather than the system that was lacking. If I was being defensive perhaps the VM button(s) could have been boxes laid alongside the Sky login boxes for idiots like me that don’t look at the whole page. I would suggest though that the SkySports app also had a similar VM login added for VM users.

Thanks again, Ian

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @IanT66,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you were experiencing some issues with the Sky Sports App.

I'm glad to hear that you have been able to resolve the issue. I do apologise if the login process caused you any confusion. 

We're happy that you're able to use the service now. If you come across any further issues, please let us know. We'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs