Menu
charscot
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports - Error trying to load Desktop player

Hi. I am getting the error code VGC-4277600256:4277600256 when the Sky desktop player attempts to load.

I am using a windows 10 pc, fully updated and chrome browser, again fully updated.

Any ideas why sky sports gets this error code ? I have it working fine on this computer so I know it isn't an account issue.

Any help greatly appreciated thank you.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports - Error trying to load Desktop player

Hi @charscot

Thanks for posting on the community forum!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Have you tried a different web browser for this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
charscot
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Travis

Yep, have tried Chrome and Firefox, same both times.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @charscot

After looking into this I can see a lot of users had this issue resolved as they found out it was a program open on their desktop conflicting with the media player, for example one user had the 'Snipping Tool' open - they closed this as it was running in the background and then ran into no further issues.

Could you try and close some of the programs down you may have open and see if this resolves the issue?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
charscot
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Travis

I saw that had been an issue but I have no programs open that would do anything in terms of recording the screen or similar. The pc in question literally just has the browser open and that is it as it is used for watching streaming only.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I see, this is something Sky themselves would need to look at @charscot - my apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

0 Kudos
charscot
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately Sky won 't look into issues like this for myself as, and I can't blame them for this, they rightly point out that Virgin Media are paid by myself for the service, not them and their responsibility is to their customers.

Have been down that route before on a different issue and the responsibility is VM as it is VM who I pay a small fortune to each month.

It is something only VM can resolve with Sky, and presumably won't until it is worth their time (namely so many customers with the issue they start leaving/reducing services with VM and it is literally costing VM money).

Thanks for trying to help though, appreciate it. :-

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The error is with the Sky Desktop player, if you hop onto their forums you'll be able to create a thread around the issue as it is definitely a technical error with the Sky Desktop player rather than something we can fix on our part.

My apologies for the inconvenience. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

0 Kudos