Menu
TheJacks
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Desk Top Player

I can no longer watch Sky Sports on my lap top. The desk top player downloads but does not work. I keep getting an error code and a message that says that the app cannot open and needs to be restarted. This has been going on for the last few weeks and nothing I do or try works. I can open on an Ipad using the app but not on my PC which means I cannot link up and watch anything on a bigger screen. HELP !

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Desk Top Player

Hi TheJacks, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you've been having some issues with this, it's not what we like to hear. 

Can you try accessing it from here and let us know if this works for you? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
TheJacks
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi.. no we can’t. To access Sky Sports you have to watch it through the desktop player on a laptop. We can get into Sky Sports and download the desktop player but then it shows an error message telling you to restart the app... this does not work. We have installed and reinstalled countless times. 1185C8AB-5C01-4AC6-87E4-047BDB3B6954.jpeg

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

Please have a look here for further information as this is a third party service. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
TheJacks
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We are going around in circles.. I have been in touch with Sky and they have informed me that it is not their issue and to go back to Virgin ! Surely someone has to help and take responsibility for this !! Getting rather frustrated now .. 

A31E82C2-94E0-4661-BCBE-8BFF2593824A.png

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TheJacks,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry you're stuck in this whirlpool between us and Sky. I understand it must be frustrating for you. 

I have done some further digging on this issue on our side AND Sky's side, I have found a webpage which has information about that particular error code and I can confirm it is a Sky issue, however you might be able to rectify it without contacting them again.

Please look here - Error Code VGC - as far as I can tell, it may be connected to malware on the device which can be rectified by doing a virus scan.

If all else fails I would still contact Sky as this is not within our scope - it is a Sky App 😞

I hope that link helps!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos