Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports/Cinema app error OVP_00200

Tried to watch a sky cinema film on my Samsung a6 pad this morning and yet again it doesn't work.

Loads, then opens, then crashes back to Virgin TV guide page

So tried the sky sports as an alternative and that wont work either get that error code 0020 that has happened loads of times before.

PS virgin app initially refused my sign in details until I realised there is a bug that needs sorting...if you dont type the log in details one at a time without using the pop up prompts it wont accept your details

Also on my first attempt to watch a film I got as far as being asked for my sky/virgin 4 number pin, I put this in but it refused to accept it and crashed

This sky virgin TV on the go is a pain

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports/Cinema app error OVP_00200

Hi Richard,

I'm sorry to hear about your Sky sports and Cinema app issues.

OVP _00200 is just a generic error code that prevents you from watching any content.

Instead of logging in through the TV GO app try signing in with your primary email address and password via the Sky Sports app instead.

Please let me know whether this error code is appearing after you have signed in or when you try to select a channel. Also, if you're using a browser make sure to clear the cache as well.

Kind Regards,

Roxie_G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help.

I've retried Sky Sports and now it works having signed out and signed back in but Sky movies still refuses to work.

I've tried cache I've tried re installing the apps

I've tried logging in from my browser.

Also

when you try to log back in you still refuse my log in details if I copy paste or use the details which you present in the 2 boxes

Only if I slowly type my user name and my password in do you accept my details

Maybe start with solving that problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

PS

The 0020 thing has stopped but I just get a box pop up on Sky saying " the app has stopped" when I try to select a film 

It then bounces me back to virgin page

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying Richard.

Are you just using one device in logging in to Sky sports app? You need to make sure that your not using the app simultaneously in 2 devices, as there's a tendency that the app won't work with other devices if someone's using it from another device. If not, try to uninstall the app and download it again. Let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Roxie_G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Uninstall the sky app on your phone or tablet. Reinstall it in play store. Open the app and log in using the virgin uk log in symbol. Type in email you first used in virgin account along with password. That worked for  me.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.

I now have both sky cinema (and sky sports) working again.

I removed all the sky and virgin apps off my Samsung tablet and then reinstalled them. I then logged back in and now sky movies will play.

PS the log-in problem persists....the apps wont accept my email unless I type the whole email one character at a time. If I use the pop up suggestion and copy it in it says not recognised..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As a result of your post, I logged in to both Sky Cinema and Sports via their apps, using my VM log in details, which is what you and others have said (thanks for that).
However, the anomaly appears to be logging in for the first time through the Virgin TV Go app..... DON'T!
Every time I tried to log in via the VM TV Go app and followed the link to Sky, the Sky app would accept my VM log in details but wouldn't load, it just hung on the log in page (on both Cinema & Sports).
But when I accessed the Sky apps directly (not through VM TVGo) they let me log in and watch content. After the initial log in via the Sky apps the VM TV Go, NOW allows me to access the Sky content through it. Weird and frustrating. Last year I gave up and stopped trying to watch anything on my Samsung Tablet, even the VM Customer Service handlers weren't able to help, and I deleted all the apps. So, I thought I'd have another go today, and after reading a few posts and tinkering around its now working.
So to clarify, use the Sky apps to log in (at least for the first time), not the VM TV Go app.👍
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying to log into sky sports on my galaxy tablet since March. We have had multiple calls from you back office  I have read the instructions given here about typing in the email address instead of copying it. This has worked. I think you need to let all your staff know about this simple solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JC1961,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am glad to hear this is now resolved for you, I am sorry it took so long although the the fix was so simple.

In our community we share this knowledge so anyone else in the same predicament is able to also get a resolution.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos