Menu
sean_19
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports App

I have been unable to watch sky sports either online or via the sky sports app ever since I made a package change a few months ago. Whenever I sign in it states "Sorry, you do not have the correct VM TV package to watch this content". This is incorrect as I definitely have the right packages and should be able to access this. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I've cleared cache, browser history etc on PC. I have also tried resetting my password and I have not exceeded number of registered devices. I have spoke to customer services but they hung up on me as it is obviously a strange problem!

I was able to access the app previously without any issues so not sure what the problem could be. Has anyone any suggestions on what else I can do to fix this?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports App

Good morning @sean_19 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your sky sports log in information. 

I just wanted to check in and see if this has managed to be resolved? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
sean_19
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Zak_M

unfortunately the problem still persists, I am still unable to access the app. I have not found a fix for it yet.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Are you trying to access it though the TVGO app or via the sky sports stand alone app? 

Sounds a silly question, but I assume that you are subscribed to the sky sports channels and are able to watch them on the TV with no issues? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
sean_19
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am subscribed to the sky sports channels and can watch them on the tv with no problems whatsoever. I have been trying to access the channels via the sky sports stand alone app. I click the Virgin UK link and sign in with my credentials and i then encounter the error message. I have tried logging in via web browsers also but I get the same error message.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that information Sean_19. 

I am going to need to raise an IT ticket for this, I will need to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information, whilst I do that, please can you take a screen shot of the error message so I can include it in the ticket request. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
TvTone
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem (since the new 360 box was installed) on 10 October!

Although I subscribe to all the sports channels and extra for the HD channels, the SD sky sports channels do not appear on the 360 box.

Sky sports only transmit the SD channels on the Sky Sports app; There is obviously a glitch somewhere between Virgin and Sky regarding payment for the SDChannels!

Can somebody in Virgin please sort or I will cancel and go over to sky.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @TvTone

thank you for your post. 

We are only able to provide that channel's on the app that sky give us permission too show.

Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
TvTone
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak,

Thanks for your reply. 
This is not the issue mate. 
I would be quite happy to just have the SD sports channels. 
No one told me that they would not be included on the 360 box before I agreed to trial it!

I don’t have a problem paying for both SD & HD channels if I can receive them in some form on all my devices.

As I said previously there is obviously a problem between Virgin and Sky regarding payment for the sports channels packages.

Regards

TvTone

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@TvTone wrote:

I have the same problem (since the new 360 box was installed) on 10 October!

Although I subscribe to all the sports channels and extra for the HD channels, the SD sky sports channels do not appear on the 360 box.

Sky sports only transmit the SD channels on the Sky Sports app; There is obviously a glitch somewhere between Virgin and Sky regarding payment for the SDChannels!

Can somebody in Virgin please sort or I will cancel and go over to sky.

The 360 box swaps out SD / HD duplicates in the Guide where it can, and will show the best quality version you have in your subscription. As you're paying extra for the Sky Sports HD channels, that's what you see. If you didn't pay the extra you'd get Sky Sports in SD.

However on the apps the content agreements can be different as STBs and mobile devices are classed differently, so even though you only get HD on the 360 box itself, Sky may still only show SD versions within the Sky Sports app.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos