Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports App not working

I’m trying to watch the football. I tried via Tv Go as I have had previous problems with the Sky Sports App, but am directed to the App. When I try to log in via Virgin on the Sky Sports App, it says there is a network connection problem, to check my internet connection and try again later. I note other people have had the same problem but I cannot see how it was resolved.

My iPad says there are no updates available, I have deleted and reinstalled both Sky Sports and TvGo.

Help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports App not working

Good Morning Smudgermini,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to read that you've been having issues with the Sky Sports application. Have you managed to get this resolved with our team or is it still on going?

I'd be intrigued to know if you've been able to access the application on any other devices and if you've spoken to Sky regarding this issue. 

Drop us a response and either I, or one of my colleagues will be happy to pick it up for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the Sky Sports App installed on 2 devices, both iPads and both up to date with their operating systems. One iPad was able to access the match whilst the other wasn’t. Is it true that only one can be used to view at a time, ie I cannot watch one Sky Sports channel in one area of the country if my husband is watching another whilst away with work?

Last year I got no resolution to my query as to why I couldn’t get Sky Sports at all in my home (via TV Go/Sky Sports app) which was served by BT broadband. I’ve since got rid of BT and now Sky works , but only on a single device. Sky said it was a Virgin Media app problem and VM said it was Sky’s.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Smudgermini,

Sky did in fact limited the number of devices that can watch their content on their application to one device at a time earlier this year.

This isn't a decision made by Virgin Media, this has been opposed upon customers by Sky.

Do you have issue with the iPad when the other device is not using the Sky Sports application? 

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No, the iPad works fine otherwise. I reckon only one iPad owner can be a footie fan at one time then. We’ll have to discuss whether its worth us keeping the Sports package if we can’t both access it remotely.

Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos