Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 41 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky ID error 288

Hello charscot

Sorry again for this one dragging its heels 

I am still waiting on an update from the relevant Department that is dealing with this issue. 

As soon as I have any updates, I will let you know 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 42 of 52
Flag for a moderator

@Gareth_L - With respect - how about chasing them rather than waiting passively?

Look at the length of time it's currently taken - There's a time to wait and a time to act on the customers behalf.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 43 of 52
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68

Thanks for your response 

I can assure you this is still currently being chased 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 44 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hello charscot

I will need to send you a private message asking for a bit more detail please 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
charscot
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I am astounded after all this time and after the repeated details given there is anything that needs asking but ok..

0 Kudos
charscot
On our wavelength
Message 46 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Been a while, and in all the passing time precisely nothing has happened...until just now.

Just had another phonecall and once again the agent had all the details wrong, asking about my ongoing issue with sky cinema on an apple mac. I despair. How incompetent so the cs reps dealing with this have to be if not one of them, be it on this forum or on the phone, can even get the basic issue right ???

Once again explained the issue is with Sky Sports, it is on a windows 10 pc and that the issue is that the ip address is being blocked by sky and need someone from VM to inform them that the ip address is legitimate.

So the original ticket has been closed as it was all wrong, once again, and a fresh new ticket has been started, and based on the umpteen people I have spoken to no doubt this ticket will be completely wrong as well.

This is despite having literally filled in questionnaires for details, explained the issue clearly, concisely and VERY repetitively to so many people, both on this forum and on the phone and yet not one of them can actually repeat this info when creating the ticket.

Clearly no matter how inept the people I am dealing with may or may not be I am the fool as I am paying £ 150 a month for this complete lack of service that is seemingly never going to get any better.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 47 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hello charscot

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you 

I Know its been a while trying to sort this Sky Error out. 

I did manage to get an answer from Sky as to why this is happening 

This is what Sky have advised 

From the 11th March to the 11th May, this particular IP address has been blocked because the User or users logging in with this IP address, has also logged in from from a number of differerent IP's in a certain time window

Sky has advised if a user signs in from a certain number of different IP's in a short space of time, this is classed as malicious activity and the thresholds will cause the IP to be blocked again. 

From here with in Virgin Media, we just need to ask if you may have handed out your log in details to anyone else 

Sorry this is not the answer you were looking for 

Can you let us know how you get on with the new investigation 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
charscot
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 52
Flag for a moderator

No, I have never given my log in details to anyone and I  have only ever logged in on my pc with it's static ip address and once in a blue moon my mobile phone, again with the same ip address as I only do that when connected to my wifi here at home.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 49 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying charscot

This is what Sky have advised to us 

It would be best to wait for the IT ticket that has been raised to see what this brings 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
charscot
On our wavelength
Message 50 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Like I have any other choice..

Based on the "service" so far I have no doubt in 4 to 6 weeks someone will contact myself to confirm some random detail about the ticket whilst getting the basics (the actual issue, the equipment it happens on etc) completely wrong and starting the process again. That is all that has ever happened so far as apparently no one working for VM is capable of actually filling out the form correctly when generating the ticket in the first place.

Not buying the claim re Sky as I had already spoken to sky, who had confirmed what was needed from VM to resolve the issue and did state at the time when checking the Ip address that they couldn't see why the false flag on the ip address had been raised by their system (as I asked if it was possible someone had hacked my account and done anything untoward as the thought had occurred to myself).

Sounds like a nice line to try and pass the blame back to the customer at this point as it seems highly unlikely my account has been hacked as my security settings are VERY secure.

Does beg an obvious question. If Sky had really advised this then why at that point did no one from Virgin Media contact myself ? Surely the point of a ticket being raised and you contacting Sky to resolve this is when you get a response from Sky you contact the actual person this concerns ?

Considering that until the other day you were erroneously claiming on the ticket that the issue was with an apple mac and sky cinema viewing I am beyond finding it hard to believe that any info you have received from Sky would be even relevant to my issue as you never had the issue correct when contacting them !

In other words, sorry but I simply do not believe this latest claim as it contradicts what has gone before it and is simply not possible based on my protection on my account, my own dealings directly with sky and most damning of all the lack of comeback from yourselves after this information was passed to yourselves combined with the ticket created having nothing to do with my actual issue so impossible for sky to investigate it correctly.

Back to my being given any vague excuse to kill more time clearly.

0 Kudos