Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky ID error 288

I can't speak for another provider - but our complaints process is a formal procedure that we're regulated on. If your complaint remains unresolved for 8 weeks you can take it further with the ombudsman should you feel that's necessary. All of this is detailed in our code of practice.

I'd be interested to see the post you've referred to charscot, if there was something further I can do to help I'd be happy to know about it.

Tom_F 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 52
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Charscot.

Thanks for the update. Apologies for this.

Can you please try this?

Try a different browser and clear all history, cookies and cache.

Try a different device

Reset the device's connection to the WiFi (delete or forget the network on the device and reconnect for the first time).

Reset the Broadband router while completing the above step.

I hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes. ^Ellen_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, tried all that, made no difference as it still ended up with myself back with the same static IP address and consequently the same error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 52
Flag for a moderator

You have tried every possible way but to no avail. We'd love to help and if you're available, we can do this via online chat. I'm hoping our chat support can find resolution. Keep us posted. ^Ellen_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I used your online chat last week...and it resulted in the internet coming to a crashing halt that required my ringing to get a CS agent to re-connect the box remotely so I think I will pass thanks.

Between the online chat and the phonecall I lost nearly two and a half hours last Monday and then spent the next few hours trying to fix the now disconnected electronics around the house. I won't be repeating that thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 52
Flag for a moderator

We do really want to help, the Web Chat link above is for our team here in Social Media and I know they'd really want to help out.

If you'd like to give this a go, please feel free to do so.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks ^Ellen_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 52
Flag for a moderator

It was the web chat in here on this site that I spoke to and got all the wrong advice from last week. No point in trying again as presumably you all work off of the same list of solutions and they have been tried.

Unfortunately it seems when it comes to general issues (broadband down, tv issues etc) then the VM support (here and elsewhere) is great but when it comes to anything related to the virgin tv anywhere service it fails miserably.

I have always had great help with VM issues but as soon as it is connected to VTA it seems no one has any solutions that actually work sadly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I understand your frustration. For any dissatisfaction, you might want to check our complaints process here.

Thanks. ^Ellen_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Not going to resolve anything though is it going that route ?

Frankly I will give it a week for the issue to resolve itself (as it appears to have done for a few individuals looking at older posts on here) and if not I will cancel my VM contract next week.

Unfortunately a once great service has got consistently worse as the company chases faster speeds etc without actually maintaining the reliability of service it once had and my £ 2k a year can be better spent if it is just going to be one issue after another.

A shame as I used to recommend VM in the old days of 2 to 10 mb speeds as top of their range, as the service was exceptionally reliable. Now I get over 300mbps and the service has issues at least once a month and half the time the tv anywhere service is either failing when it comes to watching sky or bt channels.

0 Kudos