Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema wont work on Virgin Go

Hi There

I have the full Sky Package and when using Virgin GO on the laptop I can use the SKY sports app fine no issues.

When it comes to Sky Cinema it just wont work. I click on the film in the Virgin GO app and the link redirects me to the Sky Cinema page and tells me to get the App from Google Store which only gives an android format app nothing for Windows? Can anyone help? Want to use the laptop in the garden this summer to watch movies witht he kids.

Many Thanks

Neil K

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema wont work on Virgin Go

Sky withdrew the option to watch Sky Cinema on a PC or Laptop some months ago.  It is now only available via the  android app as well as some other devices.

See this thread from last year:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/sky-cinema-via-desktop-pc/m-p/4074440#M63548

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema wont work on Virgin Go

Ok thought that might be the case. I assume there is no way to stream from Android to my projector which is in the garden room?

If not then i suppose my only option will be to get another V6 box installed or begrudging go back to Sky? We do use the projector in the garden room a lot in the summer months!

0 Kudos