Menu
M1TT3NS
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema Error: 17A

Hello,

I am trying to use the sky cinema application on my Google Pixel 4XL Android 10

Everytime i try and start a stream i get an error stating "unable to stream on low bandwith" however this error apperrs on all connections type. i have 500mb wifi at home and cannot stream on this, i have 4g+ over 150mb cannot stream, even at work which runs 1gb speed i cannot stream

there are LOTS of posts similar to this on sky fourms all relating to Android 10 where devices do not work, the application hasnt been updated since 6th June 2018.

i have tried all basic steps deleting app reinstalling etc.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema Error: 17A

Hi M1TT3NS

Sorry to hear this is happening 

I have asked one of our team who look after the Apps to see why this is happening. 

As soon as I have an update I will be back in touch on here 

Does this happen on any other devices at all

Gareth_L

M1TT3NS
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

thank you for getting this looked into, 

So far only devices running on the latest version of android that i have noticed. (Android 10)

My iPad works fine for the sky cinema application so i believe the fault to be with just the android version of the application.

Let me know if you require any other info.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi M1TT3NS

We are aware of an issue with Android 10 

Sky are fully aware as well and at the moment we don't have an estimated fix time for this 

However we will have this fixed as soon as we can 

Gareth_L

the4nixons
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So is there any timescale of when this issue may possibly be rectified?

Originally I could watch Sky movies on both my laptop and my mobile phone (Samsung S9) and now I can't watch it on either. It is absolutely shocking.

If it isn't rectified soon I may have to look and possibly take my custom elsewhere as we used this option a lot last year when camping, and I know other providers it is included for no more money.

TheHoneyMonsta
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this?

Sky Cinema on-the-go is included with my package from VM - yet i cannot use it.

Thanks,

rougemongoose
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue. It just keeps saying, Error unable to stream on low bandwidth.

This has to be a mistake as I have 4G network and at home over 150mb speeds with Virgin.

I'm using a Galaxy S9+. This needs to be sorted as I pay good money to be able to watch sky movies on the go with Virgin. 

Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey. 

I'm getting error 17A Lowbandwidth on sky cinema channels on the tvgo app as well. I had a ticket raised last Wednesday by one of the ladies in the television faults team. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. But I'm not holding my breath as I know sky's crappy reputation for repairing faults. This isn't something virgin could of avoided. 

J.H
dld99
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I moved from Sky to Virgin in November, and whilst the app was fine on Sky (a few bugs, but generally worked), as soon as I moved to Virgin I had this same error. Same device (Android Pixel 3a).

6 months later and it's still an issue.

Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully the fault with the sky cinema channels on the tvgo app will be fixed soon. As I've had a sma ticket raised with virgins IT team to hopefully have the fault fixed. The guy in the tv faults team said the ticket takes 5 days once picked up and investigated. (Error code 17A Lowbandwidth). 

J.H