Menu
TheoPV
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Galaxy tab A7 Tv Go app has choppy playback on live tv

Hi all, new to VM, come from sky. Have just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (T-500) running software version T500XXS2ATL1 and the Virgin go App (version 2.3.55 Prod 24401) is choppy when watching live tv. I have tried both video settings. Have 500mb line so throughput shouldn't be an issue. Have used Sky go on the same system with no issues at all. Voice and Video not in sync, have reinstalled, cleared the cache, checked developers options but nothing works.

If I go onto the Virgin Tv control app none of these issues are apparent. I have seen other posts about this on the forum and I hope this clears up that the device seems more than capable of streaming/displaying the video but the app doesn't seem to be talking to the device on the "go" app as well as it does on the "tv control" app or perhaps there is some buffering going on to keep the playback smooth? 

Any ideas on how to progress this anyone?

Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Samsung Galaxy tab A7 Tv Go app has choppy playback on live tv

Hi TheoPV,

VM are aware of this problem with the A7 has already been raised /Tv-go-app-judders/  

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

FootyFanatic
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is there any update on this though? It's been reported several times now. Going back over a Month?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you subscribe/bookmark the other thread  <<< here >>>  you can keep an eye on any updates posted there.

How to bookmark/subscribe how to bookmark/subscribe 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post