Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Reset Devices please

Hi,

Can someone reset my devices please? I am on my third person on the phone and still cant get any help. The new TV go app has rendered my (old) ipad useless for watching TV and my computer, although registered says my Devices have exceeded 5 so have to wait a month before I can change them, even though my PC is registered as a device with google chrome three times. meanwhile my old Samsung phone is quite happy with the app.

Frustrating

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reset Devices please

Hi elk100

If you manage to get a device reset then have a go at my fix using Internet Explorer. Has been working on my Win10 PC for about 4 or 5 weeks with no problems.

Can't guarantee it will work for everyone but some others have posted that it's working for them.

I have bumped my post about it to the top of the first page so you will find it easily 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. Three people denied they could reset my devices so I complained and a fourth person today reset my registered devices to zero. Great job I thought so I clicked on the TV go icon and registered my PC and guess what it gave me a message that I had to register the PC so I did again. Useless. My old S6 phone meanwhile happily got registered and could display everything I want.

So using the app with chrome on my PC does not work for me so I tried Edge and didn't download the new app logo when requested. Bingo that worked. Will try Internet Explorer next and let you know.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Elk100, have you been able to access the account on a web browser to remove the duplicate devices registered? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In a word no. Today there is a football game I would like to watch on my PC on BT sport. In the past absolutely no problems with this via TV on the go. Now whatever browser I use, Chrome, or Edge, it asks me to register devices even though my PC is already registered . Accessing Virgin Live via Firefox just tell me I cant connect right now. So I'm now up to 4 out of 5 devices registered, 3 PC and 1 old Samsung S6 phone. Hmmmmmm.......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, I'll pop you over a private message so we can pass security and reset the devices so you can resolve this on the web browser log in.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Now watching Man City vs Burnley on BT sport using Edge. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos