cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove a device from virgin go.

Swal01
Tuning in

I am trying to delete a device from my virgin go account, I have 3 registered and would like to remove some but on my mobile it says replace and then prompts me to like the password you require when purchasing an app, I have also tried on a laptop but when I go to registered devices it does not show them to even replace or remove, I would like to delete a device and can’t.... any help

27 REPLIES 27

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You are most welcome Swal01

Take care 🙂

Joe_F

Hi, 

I have 5 devices but need to remove 2 as they seem to be duplicates. 

I have no option to delete any of the devices when I'm logged in on desktop and when I sign in on the device it only gives me the option to "CAN BE CHANGED IN" ... when i click on that it says "Sorry - we can't register your device at the moment" - I'm not trying to register a device I just really need to remove them so I can add another for the football this evening! 

Please help

Hetty_R
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi jonjon123, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Sorry to see you're having trouble with removing a device from TV go. 

You would need to register the new devices first, then it should give you the option to replace the new device with one that's previously been registered, please see more here

If you're still having problems please let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R

I too would like to remove 2 devices from my list but do not have the option of deleting them. Could you let me know how to delete them, I do not want to replace them.

Thanks
Bookworm441

Hi bookworm441

Sorry to hear you've been struggling to remove the devices from the TV Go application?

Can you tell me if you've attempted to do this via a web browser or if this has been attempted in the app only? If you've attempted a browser, can you tell me if you've either tried to clear the cache on that browser or if you've been able to attempt an alternative browser?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Only through the app not sure how to do it through the browser. Also not cleared the cache not sure how to.

Hi bookworm441,

You would need to sign in to TV Go in a browser here and go to Device Management.

Let me know if you're able to remove one.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex, I tried but there is no option to remove devices.

Bookworm441

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Device management in TV Go doesn't have a delete option as far as I know.

If you have no spare slots but do have an available device change, then when you try to register a new device, it will give you the option to replace an existing device with your new device.

As long as you've signed out from TV Go and / or deleted the TV Go app from a device you no longer want to use, then it won't work and the fact it is still listed doesn't do anything.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks