cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote programme record not working, tells me i need to turn my 360 on.

Stewwart
Just joined

I have attempted a few recordings when away from my home and each time I get a response saying that my 360 box settings mean that the recording will not be scheduled to record until the 360 box is turned on. I have had a look at the settings but can’t find anything regarding remote access to be blue to record. I can’t leave my 360 on all the time for the odd occasion that I may need to record something when out and about. Hope you can help. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Stewwart 

The app needs to be able to talk to the 360 - it can't if it isn't turned on, or in standby.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.

Try one of the first two options but you will need to give the box time to wake up and possibly set the recording again

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Stewwart,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry that you've not been able to record on your 360 when away from home.

As our valued member @newapollo has mentioned, your 360 box will need to switched on for this happen. 

Please follow the advice @newapollo has already given and come back to us if you're still experiencing issues.

Kind regards Jodi.