Menu
Blondmop
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Registering device for sky cinema and sports when already registered

Just tried to watch live tv on sky, I have done this before no problems after the initial faff.  It is now asking me to register again.  When I do it doesn't do anything just shows another device registered.  According to my account details I have only 2 devices registered my laptop and my phone and I am trying to use laptop now.  Virgin Media HELP

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering device for sky cinema and sports when already registered

Hello Blondmop, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when using the Sky channels. 

To clarify, when attempting to use the service is it asking you to register for the service or register the device again?

If it is the device, we can arrange to have these reset from our side with your permission. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Blondmop
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its over a week now so can't remember exactly but it has locked me out.  I had previously been using it no problem.  I had to watch the Biden inauguration on my phone as it failed  on my laptop that day too.  I am so sick of virgin service.  The tivo box I have is rubbish too.  I assume you need to reset so please do.  I don't use it on laptop often so very annoying when I try.  I pay Virgin more than any other bills.  Its a joke.

0 Kudos
Blondmop
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its over a week now so can't remember exactly but it has locked me out.  I had previously been using it no problem.  I had to watch the Biden inauguration on my phone as it failed  on my laptop that day too.  I am so sick of virgin service.  The tivo box I have is rubbish too.  I assume you need to reset so please do.  I don't use it on laptop often so very annoying when I try.  I pay Virgin more than any other bills.  Its a joke.

Not sure if this is the way to reply I replied from my phone but doesn't look like anyone has seen it?

0 Kudos
Blondmop
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This afternoon I decided to try again to watch a sky cinema film on my laptop which is the device I usually use.   This time it let me in as far as inputting my pin no.  I had changed this last year but it kept saying wrong pin.  Anyway, it locked me out.  I managed to change the pin after googling the problem. 

I have just decided to watch the film now and it has locked me out saying I have exceeded my devices or some such rubbish.  I have only got a laptop and a tablet - which I hardly use.

Please can someone sort this problem out for me and the hundreds of others that are experiencing this.  Yet another monthly bill has come and I am still hanging on to Virgin just because of their broadband!

0 Kudos
Blondmop
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to add.  Out of curiosity I tried to watch the film on my mobile phone.....went onto the tv go app.  It must be keeping me signed in as I didn't put any information in - then I clicked on the film to watch and it didn't even ask me for my pin!  Started playing the film immediately.  This is very odd.

0 Kudos