Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Registering a device for TVGO +Sky TV

Hi, I'm trying to access sky sports on my TV On The Go app and i keep getting a message to say I've used the maximum devices, the problem i have is when my phone or PC has an update it's changing the name of the device. I can't understand why this happens but i only ever use 2 devices, my android phone and my PC so why does it register 4 devices?.

I would really appreciate some help with this problem as it does not make any sence to me .

Many Thanks

Paul

Im not saying im the best but im in the top one
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering a device for TVGO +Sky TV

Hi RapsUK, 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues trying to register a new device for Tv Go and Sky TV, this ins't good. 

When you use a browser, so a phone browser or laptop/PC each time you log in it does see it as a new device if you clear your cookies or reboot the PC. If you don't do this then it should keep it as one device. This can also happen if you're using it in incognito mode. 

If you log into your TV Go account here you will be able to manage your devices for TV Go and make changes. You will also be able to do the same with the Sky apps we offer by doing the following: 

How do I manage the Sky Sports and Sky Cinema apps?

Open your web browser and go to the Virgin TV Go website. 

Click on Settings. 

Click on Device Management. 

Sign in using your primary My Virgin Media username and password if prompted. 

Click on Manage My Sky Devices. 

Your current registered devices will be shown.

Let us know if you're still having any issues. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Emma firstly many thanks for your reply and advice. As you can see I've taken screenshots so you can see my problem. Virgin have me signed in 3 times for the same PC and one for my Mobile Phone.

On the sky page it says I've no device choices that I can edit i only use the two devices so why do I keep getting this all the time. My phone stays the same name and i only use Firefox for my browser. I just make cant make any sense of it at all. I hope these will help you and give you a better idea

Thanks

Paul

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing these screenshots. I appreciate that you've said you only use Firefox, but there's obviously something causing the site to recognise your PC differently each time.

Could you confirm whether you ever use a VPN or proxy at all on your PC?

Do you have your browser set up to delete cookies and history periodically or each time you close the window?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for the reply my default browser is Firefox which is set to clear cookies and history once closed.

I don't use proxy or VPN at all, and I'm the only person in the household that uses this service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thank you for confirming that you have Firefox set to automatically delete cookies and history.

As Emma has advised above, this would cause the site to register your PC as a new device. Cookies would be used to recognise your PC, as these are no longer there it appears to be a new device. In order to avoid this happening each time, you'd need to avoid deleting your cookies.

Alternatively, you could use a different browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome etc) solely for the purpose of using TV Go. This would mean you can still delete history and cookies from your normal browsing in Firefox, but your PC would be recognised as an existing device in the other browser.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma, I've still got the same problem in that my PC is logged on the device page with 3 different names, plus when I try to use my TV go app on my mobile it's telling me that I've used the maximum number of devices, and yet I only use two devices how can that be?

Plus forgive me but I know how to log in to see the device management which is totally useless if I can't manage anything. I always use Firefox for watching Subscription channels and should only have one computer name listed instead of three.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos