Menu
ketch01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Registered Devices

This is driving me mad. 
The virgin 2 go device management tool is hopeless and, yes, I understand that using a different browser is seen as a different device. However,

I have rebooted my pc at which point it does not recognise any of the browsers I am using be it Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera or Waterfox as devices so it asks me to replace device, which I do. Virgin2go doesn't recognise this change but tells I now have 5 devices (all Chrome) none of which can be changed for another 13 days.

How can I remove all 5 devices (i.e. Start afresh)  and then ensure that every time I reboot my PC the devices (browsers) I have registered remain recognised

gceverett
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registered Devices

Hi

I am having the same issue. All of my slots are filled and my laptop which was working yesterday is not working today! Need to wait until the 1st september to change a device. Very frustrating!

Have you had any feedback from virginmedia?

0 Kudos
ketch01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, not heard a thing. The problem is that even if i wait until 1st Sept there is no guarantee that the replace feature will actually work properly and if it does that the registered devices will stay sticky after a reboot - Edge, which is really Google chrome by another name, doesn't stay as a known and rscognised registered device between sessions.

Hopefully VM or an SME in the community will have the answers

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The main advice is to protect the VM TV Go cookies to ensure they do not get deleted when you close the browser session.

That said, there have been a number of recent posts that suggest there may be a bigger issue when using the Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge browser. These are essentially the same browser under different names.

I haven't yet seen any acknowledgement from VM staff on this, but there are reports that the issue isn't occuring with Firefox browser.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ketch01
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks the VM TV Go cookies are indeed protected across all browsers and I get the same issue with Firefox

0 Kudos
stevebolt
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

same issue for me. i dont delete any cookies as far as i know. this is ongoing for mefor a few years. Realllllllyyy frustrating. I go on here fairly regularly to ask someone to clear my devices then a few months later back to sqare 1

0 Kudos