Menu
sheamansenior
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Registered Devices

Hi, my two Virgin registered devices are working fine & I can watch Sky Sport & Sky Cinema apps with no problem, but within TV Go it was working fine, but now get an error message "to stream on this device you need to replace one of your registered devices, you can do this on 01/02/2019" when I look within TV Go at my two devices they are not showing the two registered device names, but the two web browsers on my laptop "My Computer Microsoft Edge & My Computer Google Chrome" these are NOT the names of either of my registered devices which are working fine with the two named Sky apps? Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registered Devices

Hi sheamansenior, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you're having some problems with your registered devices. The best way to check is to go to virgintvgo.virginmedia.com, then select settings>device management>manage my sky devices, you will then be able to check what devices are registered for your Sky Apps. Please let us know if this helps.  

Cheers, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
sheamansenior
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetty,

Many thanks for your response, I have looked at My Devices within the Sky Sport/Sky Cinema sector & the named device is the correct name of my laptop name & both apps work fine, but when I check my devices within TV Go sector, 2 devices are named but read as "My Computer - Microsoft Edge & My Computer - Google Chrome" which are my two installed browsers. It states I cannot change a device until 1st February, this happened at the end of December so on 1st January when I tried to view it reselected the two browsers again automatically, but didnt allow me to change the name to my proper laptop name, however this automatic action did allow the TV Go app to work but only on the 1st January, on the 2nd January I got the current message locking me out until the 1st February, when I suspect it may well go through the same scenario, the problem seems that I cannot change the device name  manually as I can with the Sky Apps? I have uninstalled the TV Go app, reset my laptop but to no avail?

Many thanks

Danny (sheamansenior)

0 Kudos
sheamansenior
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetty

Forgot to mention, that when I go into My Sky apps device sector, I have one device slot clear, would it be worth renaming that slot in line with one of my TV Go device app names, e.g "My Computer - Google Chrome" my concern being if I try that route, will it transfer from Sky to TV Go app, also the problem that TV Go says I cannot rename a device until 1st February, would it transfer & overwrite that message?

Danny
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi sheamansenior, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Although you're using the same device, it will register the browser you're using, so in this case Google Chrome and Microsoft edge would be classed as two separate devices. It is possible that the devices you have registered on your TV go account do not match the one's that are registered to the Sky Sports & Cinema app, as the accounts are not linked.

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
sheamansenior
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetty

Thanks for clarification, any suggestions as what to try next to resolve this issue?

Many thanks

Danny (sheamansenior)
0 Kudos
sheamansenior
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetty

Just to reiterate the TV Go Manage device sector has locked me out until 1st February, is it possible for this sector to be cleared & I will only use one browser, my concern being as previously stated that it did reset on 1st January but that only lasted one day before locking me out again?

Many thanks again

Danny (sheamansenior)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi sheamansenior

I am going to send you a private message, if you can respond to that I can help with this.

Thanks Joe_F

sheamansenior
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Joe

Many thanks for prompt response & instantly solving the problem.

Great stuff, much appreciated.

Danny (sheamansenior)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Always happy to help Smiley Happy

Thanks Joe_F