Menu
Chewdra
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Registered Devices (again)

As a lot of others have had I have an issue regarding the registered devices on the TV go app, 4 of the 5 devices registered get a message stating the device needs to be added to the list of registered devices before you can watch anything on them.

I have an old Ipad that has been registered for years used purely to watch TV outside my house which now tells me it needs to be registered to use.  Yet when I tried to replace the Ipad (same device) with itself the register device page crashed.  Same thing happened when I tried to use my other devices to watch TV after the app was removed from Windows 10 and I went back to using the web browser page.

This is extremely frustrating as I can now only use 1 out of 5 devices to watch the TV go app

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registered Devices (again)

Hi Chewdra,

Thank you for posting on the community forums, welcome 🙂

Sorry to hear that the device count and registration issue is causing you some frustration. I have now reset your devices for you so you can start from scratch.

Let me know if you have any further issues from here.

All the best,

Beth

0 Kudos
Chewdra
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

I'm still getting the register device device message even after registering my device

Edit

Got it working on my PC Thank you

0 Kudos
Chewdra
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok worked for a little while, now I've come back to watch TV again and all I get is an error message stating .......

Sorry - this isn't available

Sorry - we can't play this at the moment

This message is on every channel

And to make matters worse having registered Microsoft Edge on my laptop all I'm getting is the register device message same as before

When I look at my registered devices one of the devices is My Computer - Google Chrome (current device) but it's currently open in Edge on my PC as I don't use Chrome (not even installed).

I am using the virginmedia.com/tvgo address (the new one that I was requested to use)

So would it be possible to clear the devices again please and for the moment I'll keep it to my tablet and phone until this is fixed

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Microsoft Edge browser is based on the same open source code used by Google Chrome so this is probably why it identifies as Chrome in the device management page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chewdra
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you that's helpful for working out which device is which and what machine it is

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Chewdra wrote:

Thank you that's helpful for working out which device is which and what machine it is

Sarcasm doesn’t work around here. It is considered praise.

besides, Edge shows as Edge, though I wouldn’t use it if possible because it will require a device replace every time you use it.

4B14D8DA-AB8F-471E-B8C6-EC0F7E7F513B.jpeg

0 Kudos
Chewdra
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That wasn't sarcasm, I use a PC and a Laptop main reason I use different browsers so i can differentiate between them

Chewdra_0-1602533904236.png

Edge on the left and firefox on the right, as you can see edge is showing up as Chrome

0 Kudos
stephenpettitt
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Likewise this issue has just cropped up with me. But rather than just clearing registered devices, authentic and erroneous, wouldn't it be a jolly good idea to get to the root of this widely recurrent problem and solve it rather than performing individual resets?  At the moment I seem to be registered on five devices, despite possessing only three.

Also why in heaven's name isn't there an app for Android TV?  I have an Android TV at my second home in France.  The only way I can access my Virgin TV channels on it is via a very clunky non-dedicated web browser.  Now that I can't get TvGO on my laptop until 1 November (because of the first issue) I don't even have the option of extending the laptop screen to the TV.

Also, while I'm at it, why does there seem to be no functioning, "real person" chat help on Virgin Media's web site?

Is this customer service? If so it sorely tempts me to abandon the company for another.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Chewdra wrote:

That wasn't sarcasm, I use a PC and a Laptop main reason I use different browsers so i can differentiate between them

Chewdra_0-1602533904236.png

Edge on the left and firefox on the right, as you can see edge is showing up as Chrome

How can you know which Firefox is which?  Also check if that really is Edge.  On my PC , I now have a Chrome App.  Which shows as google chrome...

Would try it myself, but all my device changes are gone...

0 Kudos