Menu
GazNewt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Register device problems - can't watch tv

Hi,

I am  unable to watch virgin tv on the web (chrome) because it's saying I need to replace a device, even though the device is already registered. So I replaced it in the list. I did this twice because it didn't work, still hacd the same problem.

Now I can't replace any devices until next week and I can't watch the football.

Can someone please reset my device list, as that seems to fix this problem for others.

Thanks

Gareth

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (2)
Stumbler
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Register device problems - can't watch tv

I've just spent over an hour with the helldesk on this one.

Nice guy, nice chat. Bottom line is there's a known problem, it'll be fixed tonight - allegedly! Whether this fixes the fallout, e.g. Maximum Devices error, multiple same device on authorised Devices list, etc.. is beyond me and remains to be seen.

John

0 Kudos
jhactually
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same here, but with Firefox - was working fine a month ago.....and now they're ending support for the Windows app which I've had to use!

0 Kudos
GazNewt
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please can I get some support about this problem!

I can't setup my chrome browser to watch virgin tv because your system keeps telling me I have reached maximum devices even though the device is already in the list.

If I replace a device in the list of devices (as prompted to) then the exact same problem happens and your system tells me I have reached maximum devices again!

If I keep replacing it in the list then I the devices list is locked for a week. DRIVING ME MAD I CAN'T GET ANY SUPPORT!

0 Kudos
Stumbler
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@GazNewt wrote:

Please can I get some support about this problem!

I can't setup my chrome browser to watch virgin tv because your system keeps telling me I have reached maximum devices even though the device is already in the list.

Reset Chrome, there's an option at the bottom of the settings- advanced settings. Then register a device.

John

GazNewt
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, your comment helped me. I didn't fancy restting chrome so I switched to Firefox which I've never used with Vrigin and I replaced a device and it worked. There's definitely a bug in there though.

Great help thanks!

0 Kudos