cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red bar showing when watching Sky Sports F1

sgreybe
On our wavelength

When I watch Sky Sports F1 live on the TV Go app I always have a red bar at the top with Sky Sports F1 and a left facing arrow written on it. How do I get rid of this and get the video/programme full screen? I'm not referring to the red bar on the right that show you other views like driver view etc, I got rid of the by toggling the small rectangular box at the top on the right.

35 REPLIES 35

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sgreybe

Sorry to hear this is happening 

Can I please ask 

What device this is happening on 

Does it happen on other devices?

Would you be able to screen shot the banner so we can get a better idea how to resolve this 

Gareth_L

Not when watching F1 but I get this problem too for the football, it's been like it for a while. I have spoken to Sky Support and they say it's a Virgin problem.  My main device is a Samsung A8, the problem happens when the match contains timeline and stats (see screenshot) which is most games these days.  The issue is the same on a Nexus 7 too, however it is OK on my phone (Samsung A40).  I have also tried it with someone else's Virgin account and the problem is the same.

I have attached screen shots so you can see the issue:

.Sky Sports Live TV 1 this match has timeline and stats.jpgSky Sports Live TV full screen issue xx.jpg

So does it work on your account on other devices, just to double check? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It's fine on laptop (W10) and my phone, but does not work on Samsung A8 tablet or Nexus 7 tablet.

From what you have advised strawfoot this seems to be a device issue, possibly settings. This is due to you experiencing the same issue across multiple accounts on the same device. Are there any settings difference's between the A8 and A40?

Rob

Not that I am aware of.  Is there any specific setting I should be looking for?  The only time it is OK is when there is no 'timeline and stats'.  If you look at the two screenshots below, when the match has 'This match has timeline and stats' (1st Screen) I get the problem when it doesn't (2nd screen), it is fine.

Sky Sports Live TV 1 this match has timeline and stats.jpgSky Sports Live TV 2.jpg

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply strawfoot. 

Can you please confirm if the app is completely up to date and that no software updates are required? 

Nat

Yes, the Sky Sports app is version 8.21.0 which I believe to be the latest.

I just checked my notes and this issue has been happening since 31/10/2020.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply strawfoot. 

This could still be an equipment issue but we would want to ensure we are ruling out any possibility that there is nothing we can do to assist. With this in mind we have emailed our dedicated TV Go team for further guidance and support. 

I will update you as soon as we receive an update 🙂 

Thanks

Nat