Menu
gryphon
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Reached my limit of devices

I'm trying to watch TV on my laptop, the same laptop i regularly use to watch TV. It's saying i have reached my limit of devices. Device management is useless it wont let me delete anything and saying i can't change anything till 1st September.

As i say this is the same device i watch regularly on and should be logged. I do occasionally watch sky sports and am sure sky sports would have been the last thing i watched but again it's from the same laptop.

I'm currently on the phone but waiting forever and will probably give up at some point. I've also messaged them on message us but could wait long enough there.

0 Kudos
gryphon
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reached my limit of devices

so, the good new is i got through on the phone and the girl has scrubbed all the devices from my account.

The bad news i've went to watch live tv on the laptop and pop up box asking me to register device which i did, back to live tv register box appears again so i've clicked. I now have the same device registered twice 'My Computer-google chrome'

Every time i click on a channel in live tv it's asking me to register device settings not giving me the option to delete any of the 2 or rename them.

See screen shot below

virgin page.jpg

0 Kudos
Mudfut
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same issue, haven't been able to speak to anyone yet.  The text thing is useless.  What the hell are Virgin doing!

0 Kudos
gryphon
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I even tried deleting cookies and browser history but nothing. Thought i'd go on to TVgo just before i wrote this to try watching TV just in case somebody had fixed it but no, still can't watch TV.

I'm probably going to be to busy over next day or so to sit waiting on phone for an hour.

I'll just have to stick to BBC iPlayer when she's watch her rubbish on the TV

0 Kudos
c-note
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Based on my experience with the device management tool it is a poorly built piece of software.

I'm currently needing my device list reset.

I simply deleted the cache on my browser and despite the fact I had all the slots available it wouldn't replace the device so after various attempts it reached the limit. End result is I'm currently locked out until 1 Sep unless I can get my device list reset.

0 Kudos
gryphon
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

C-note, if you can be bothered sitting on the phone for an hour the girl reset my devices to 0. The problem i have now is i've registered the laptop but when i go into watch live TV it's asking me to register the same device not allowing me to watch TV.
0 Kudos
c-note
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It last happened to me almost exactly one year ago and I was able to get someone from the Forum Team to reset it.

0 Kudos
Mudfut
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos