cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV Go…. Not on home network???

TF1909
Dialled in

I get the same issue. 
Often we will try to watch recordings on iPad- but it states first make sure your media box is on and then - when I know it’s on - it states makes sure you are on the same network - which it is.

I use the WiFi pods supplied by Virgin. I have three.

My only fix is to go into the living room - start the procedure there to watch on iPad ie recording then walk upstairs with the iPad to watch the show. 

Are the pods messing around with the ip addresses? 
I have deleted apps - installed - registered - de-registered devices. 

Can you help Virgin? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For the CPE IP Unknown error, nothing that can reliably resolve the issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The wifi Pods can’t mess around with local IP addresses. That’s the job of your Hub to allocate these (or your own router if the Hub is in Modem Mode).

If you’re suffering the CPE IP Unknown problem, it’s frustratingly intermittent and, as yet, unresolved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TF1909,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues watching Virgin TV Go content recently. Would you mind confirming what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Like I said - I have to start the recordings on the iPad in the room the VM box 1 is in - then I pause content and walk upstairs to watch. 
This is a screen shot from my phone I’m on now….

EAD35207-0BF6-405C-8CD8-71D28C84125D.jpeg

all permissions checked and ON

The icon top right states i’m connected to virgin box 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TF1909, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and sorry to hear you have this issue with your TV Go App.

We're here to help, could your please let us know if the problem with this is present on your iPad only?
Have you tested the recordings on any other mobile device to see if they play or have the same error?
(note: you'd need to save the cookies on your device so to recognise it each time and not register as new)

Also, when using our pods to connect to the network this should read as if you're connecting directly to the hub and should not cause an issue with accessing your recordings on the TV Go App. 
Can we ask if your network comes up as one name (VMXXX..) or you're connecting on a guest network?

Please, kindly check the below and let us know if any help with watching your recordings on the iPad:

1.) Is the TV box on?

2.) If it isn't, check that what Standby mode the box is in – it needs to be in Active Start or Fast Start. 

3.) When put into Fast Start, you should be able to see recordings immediately when using the App.

4.) When put into Active Start, you will need to wait a few minutes. The App will send a message to wake up the box over the network.

5.) You need to ensure you are not using a VPN – which can be triggered by your anti-virus software. There should be a setting on the anti-virus that ensures it recognises the home router as 'safe'. 

Once you've confirmed all the above pop us a new message here and let us know how you get on, we're happy to assist further with any issues.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See recording - it says this recording is only available on your home network. All under 1 ssid name.

all permissions granted to discover devices. 

unable to access recording 😩

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check if you are indeed suffering the CPE IP Unknown bug by looking in the Diagnostics field in settings on the Virgin TV Go app:

IMG_2261.jpeg

Thanks - I will check later.

is there a workaround? 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For the CPE IP Unknown error, nothing that can reliably resolve the issue.

CPE IP Unknown 

what does that mean?