cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sky sports

Sparkes89
Joining in

Hi, 

I recently added Sky Sports to my virgin tv package and downloaded the sky sports app so I can watch the channels on my phone when needed. I signed in on the sky sports app via my virgin media UK account, but when I try to watch any of the channels it’s comes up with ‘your subscription doesn’t allow you to watch this programme please contact your provider’ I’ve logged out and back in, deleted the app and re downloaded it. And switched my phone off and on, but nothing has helped. Is there another way to get the channels working on the app?

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you click on the Virgin TV UK icon ?

sky sports app.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes, I sighed in on the sky sports app via the virgin media UK button.

Hi @Sparkes89 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

There is a known issue affecting Sky Go at the moment for our customers so please kindly remain patient, we're aiming to fix things ASAP.

Many thanks

Tom_W

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A lot of people sign up with the Sky app immediately after their channels go live on their Virgin box. There has always been a lag of 24 to 48 hours before Sky’s system updates & allows use of the live channels via the app.

P.S If you are using any kind of VPN, including the security based ones like Norton 360, you will have to turn it off to watch the live channels.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks