Menu
Message 21 of 44
Flag for a moderator

[RESOLVED] Sky Sports channels missing - Virgin TV Go

Hi there,

Update @ 16:48: We believe this issue is now resolved, please let us know if you're still experiencing issues.

We're aware of an issue with Sky Sports not currently appearing in the channel list on Virgin TV Go, sorry about this.

Our support team are working hard to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can still watch and access Sky Sports content as normal via the Sky Sports app and website by logging in via the Virgin Media logo. More info here: https://virg.in/SSapp

Best,

0 Kudos
Martin197814
Joining in
Message 1 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports missing

I’ve come back from holiday to find the sky sports channels all missing from the app, the sky sports app just aka me to restore the products then does nothing. Anyone else have this issue?   Sky sports all work fine on the tv 

0 Kudos
markwells
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports missing

I have exactly the same problem on the PC  registered with the Sky Sports App. The chennels have simply disappeared. Also on my phone I get "Unexpected Error. Error OVP_00200". In other words it is usless for watching the big sporting events. I have just been hit with yet another large price increase. My 'loyalty' seems to mean nothing. I really am actively looking into changing provider this time...

0 Kudos
ian8
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Missing here too - they disappeared overnight.

Yesterday, the helpline advised me that the TV & broadband were down in my area whilst the system was upgraded to improve performance. Yeah, riiight.

0 Kudos
markwells
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Now I look further the channels indeed are missing from my phone and I can't even get into 'Manage Sky Devices' to try the last resort of resetting the accounts. Very poor service.

0 Kudos
Pat-A
Joining in
Message 5 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports disappeared

I was watching the Ashes on sky sports via your app on the morning of 2/8/19. Later in the day, all paid sky sports channels had disappeared and they’re still not there. On this message board I see that it is a common problem which you don’t appear willing to do anything about, but just refer people to processes they have already tried. You can’t access it if all reference to the channel has disappeared. 

I don’t believe that Virgin is not aware that this is a problem at your end. I also saw a reply that said compensation would not be considered as the app is a free add on and not being paid for. That is utter nonsense and you know it. You could say that about any aspect of the service and thus deny all responsibility to provide what customers pay for. Many people use Virgin on the promise of use on several devices. To claim there is no need for you to provide that service is disingenuous and very bad faith. 

Stamford
Joining in
Message 6 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Apparently there is a technical issue with sky sports and cinema on virgin tv go, won’t be resolved till sometime on the 5th August so I’ve been told. Why can’t Virgin put something on their website to save a phone call. Not difficult is it . I’m a new customer, NOT amused 

0 Kudos
93thgink
Joining in
Message 7 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports disappeared

I have exactly the same problem - the only sky sports channels I can watch on virgin app are sky sports news and ‘new which is now showing another sport. And waiting time to speak to anyone about it is excessive today.

Th ability to watch the ashes, F1 and football on the go was a big factor in my decision to sign up to a new contract this week.
Paula55
Tuning in
Message 8 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports F1 channel missing when signed in

Can someone tell me why some sport channels are missing the tv listing when i go on the laptop when i sign in yet they are all there when im not signed in, take the skysports f1 channel for instance, its shows when im not signed in yet when i sign in it seems to disappear, all that is there is skysports news and skysports netball, the skysports f1 channel was there when i joined virgin media 2 months ago so i dnt no what is happening, i hope someone can help me as to what is going on here.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Please bear with us whilst we investigate further.

Thanks

Melissa