cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased content not playing on PC

Jonahjones
On our wavelength

HI,

Purchased Sonic 2 and when I go to play it on my Windows PC the screen it just black and it doesn't start. When you try to download it then it complains about silverlight.

What am I missing or is the service just not as slick as Sky?

Thanks

Paul

6 REPLIES 6

Jonahjones
On our wavelength

Could someone confirm if you are supposed to be able to click download from within chrome?

What is the silverlight error all about?

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jonahjones, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you back in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue watching Sonic 2. To download this on to your laptop via the Virgin Media Store website, you’ll need to install our Virgin Media Store downloader app first. This’ll pop up the first time you try to download a show. You'll also need to ensure that your laptop is already a registered device. If you've already ensured this, then double check your laptop meetings the below: 

PC or Mac-supported operating systems

Windows 7 (only IE 11)

Windows 8.1 and above

Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) and above

Supported browsers

Microsoft Edge (on Windows 10)

Internet Explorer 11

Safari 8 and above

Firefox 47 and above

Chrome 37 and above

Note: Due to tightened internet privacy in devices, we can’t uniquely identify the laptop or PC/Mac from a browser (e.g. Chrome or Internet Explorer). This means each browser you choose to play or download from Virgin Media Store will be treated as a new device. Don’t worry, we’ll notify you of this when it happens. However, to avoid it happening we recommend you stick to using the same browser when accessing the Virgin Media Store, and maybe adding the Virgin Media Store to your browser favourites.

Pop back and let us know how things go. If you're still getting the Silverlight error, please post a screenshot of the error you're getting. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jonahjones
On our wavelength

Hi,thanks. 

I ended up getting a refund as it just wouldn't play. You don't need to download the app if you just want to stream it by pressing the watch now button. The player appeared with the pause and play button etc but the video just wouldn't start.

Very odd. 

Sorry to hear you experienced this @Jonahjones.

We can understand the inconvenience caused. We are however glad to hear you were able to get this refunded. 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath_F

this issue seems to be still going, also, please provide a link to the 'Virgin Media Store downloader app' for PC

Thanks

Hi @blahflob 

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies in the delay in responding, is this ongoing or have you since resolved your issue?

These links should help 👉 https://www.virginmediastore.com/ & https://www.virginmediastore.com/pages/help-faq.

Should you have any further issues, please reach out to us.

Sabrina