cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin correct but is not accepted

flamenco
Joining in

I have set up virgin go on my wife’s iPad so she can watch Sky Arts. I used my login details and it asks for the pin. We’ve only ever had one pin, but it said pin incorrect and another attempt and it is now locked. 
Waited the 10 minutes and tried to reset the pin, asked to enter current pin…. Now locked out again….

grrrrrr! This is so frustrating. What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The PIN used in the Virgin TV Go app is not necessarily the same as on the TV 360.

The default in the app is 1234. Try this first to see if it works.

Failing this, it can be reset to 1234 then set to anything you want.

Go into settings in the app and then select Parental Controls. You will then have to sign in.

Once signed in, press Change PIN code and then Forgot your PIN? You will then be able to reset the PIN to 1234.

Screenshots of this process:

IMG_2385.pngIMG_2387.pngIMG_2388.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The default pin for the TV boxes is 1234. The default pin for the app is 0000.

Please note of you are a 360 box user then changing the apps pin will also change the 360 pin.

The binfo below is from

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app 

How to set up TV Go Parental Controls

Pin protection is automatically requested based on the ratings given for the show/movie and the time of day you’re streaming. Here’s how to set up your TV PIN. Live TV often has no rating assigned, but uses the time of airing to determine its rating when being watched live or via Catch Up. Standard UK watershed rules are used within TV Go and these cannot be changed or switched off.

It’s worth noting that watching most Live TV channels with Virgin TV Go is not PIN protected, as channels show content appropriate to watershed times.

Follow the steps below for changing your PIN…

Change PIN

1. Sign in on the Virgin TV Go app or website.
  2. For iOS tap the settings wheel > Parental Controls, and for Android tap Settings > Change PIN; or Settings > Parental Controls > Change PIN.
  3. Enter your current PIN – but if you can’t remember it, you can reset it to the default value which we’ll send to you in a message once you’ve done this.
  4. Create and confirm your new 4-digit PIN for all your Virgin TV Go devices. If you’re a Virgin TV 360 customer, the new PIN will be shared with your TV boxes.

Set up Auto-fill PIN

Worried the kids may suss out your PIN? Set up Touch ID or Face ID for Virgin TV Go and unlock age-restricted On Demand shows with your fingerprint or face.

1. Sign in on the Virgin TV Go mobile app.
  2. For iOS tap settings wheel > Preferences, or for Android tap Settings > App Preferences.
  3. Switch on Auto-fill PIN and follow the prompts. Your fingerprint and face scan information won’t be given to Virgin TV Go, don’t worry.
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali