Menu
AppleManRWC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Philips PicoMax projector Virgin TV Go getting black screen after TV Go forced update

I have a Philips PicoMax projector and have downloaded and successfully been using my TV GO app for the last year, yesterday it forced me to upgrade to the latest app and now all i get is a blank screen, i've tried installing other versions and it just keeps telling my to update or ignore if i ignore it pushes me back to update.

Anybody else experienced this?

Current version 2.3.37 

I have also tried 2.4.*.*

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Philips PicoMax projector Virgin TV Go getting black screen after TV Go forced update

As TV Go doesn't support second screens that must mean that Android is installed on the projector

TV Go now required Android 5.1 or later to run successfully so what is the version on your PicoMax?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
AppleManRWC
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Philips PicoMax projector Virgin TV Go getting black screen after TV Go forced update

It runs on RokChip i'm not clear on the OS 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
AppleManRWC
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure how to find out the Android version of my device as it doesn't specify in about software version says 1.1.05

0 Kudos
AppleManRWC
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm still having this issue and long since gave up, but decided to see if anyone out there could help.

I am unable to use Virgin Media TV Go App on my PicoMax 620 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi AppleManRWC,

Thank you for coming back to us, did you manage to locate the what the software version was so others can try to help?

Regards

Paull.

0 Kudos
AppleManRWC
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi all i can find is it's Custom Android, no version number and i can only find that out by googling the device as there is no obvious way of recovering the android version 

Thanks 

Rowan 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi AppleManRWC,

We are sorry we aren't able to help further without more information, have you reached out to the manufacturers website/ forums?

I have had a quick look on google however wasn't able to find anything.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
AppleManRWC
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just found out the projector is using Android AOSP

0 Kudos
AppleManRWC
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Android AOSP 1.2.7

0 Kudos