The TV Go app on my smartphone and tablet works OK. But on my PC whenever I click to watch TV I get a message saying that I am over the limit for the number of devices. That is an incorrect message. My limit is five devices and I am trying to use only three devices. Until the last couple of weeks I have had no problems with accessing TV Go on my PC. What has gone wrong? Please tell me how this problem can be fixed. Virgin said they’d fix it but they have not done so.
Sorry to hear of the Virgin TV Go device registration issues you've been experiencing but thank you for taking the time to raise this via the forum and welcome to the community!
We've recently made some changes in regards to the devices and registration that should have fixed the issue you've been experiencing. We've reset your devices allowance and we would appreciate it if you could monitor this going forward and let us know here if you experience any further issues.
Thank you for that advice. I confirm that all three of my devices, desktop computer, phone and tablet, are getting the TV following new registration.
Soon after I had posted my first notice of the problem, I uninstalled your TV GO app from the desktop computer. That action did not correct the false list of devices registered under Settings, but I could then watch TV as before on the desktop. I did post a note soon after my first note to make you aware of this.
There was something about the Virgin app that had a bearing on my desktop problem. The app always worked on my phone and laptop. I’m not going to reinstall the Virgin TV Go app on my desktop, because I don’t want to take the risk of recreating the original problem.
I am writing in this detail in case there is something about the use of your app on a desktop that creates a problem for any of your other customers.