Menu
TM
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Out Of Home Streaming Not Permitted

Hi,

I've just installed the TV Control App on my fairly new android phone, and logged in (via wi-fi) using the main account username and password. I can see all my recordings, but when I try to play one (Greys Anatomy S16 E1), I get an error message "Out-of-home streaming is not permitted from this Virgin TV Box. Contact Customer Service for further information. Error Code: E=8 V=-1"

My V6 box is hard wired to my Synology router and my SuperHub is in modem mode.

Any idea what the problem is and what if anything can be done about it please?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out Of Home Streaming Not Permitted

Are you actually at home when you get this message, or are you connecting when away from home?

If the latter then the message is accurate.

Recordings can only be streamed in the TV Control app when it is connected to the same network as the V6 box.

Certain recordings can be downloaded in the app to view when away from home.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TM
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Maybe I just jumped the gun. My router is telling me that for some reason (fat finger syndrome?), the Virgin TV Box is on a different subnet!?

I'll wait for the wife to go to bed (I dare not attempt this while she's watching telly), fix the reserved IP address and try again.

0 Kudos
TM
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I'm at home. My wi-fi will reach into the garden, but not into my neighbours 🙂

0 Kudos
roy469
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Make sure you turn off any VPN on your device. That can give an 'Out of home' message I have discovered.

0 Kudos