cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online account messed up since moving house

Kenny1970
Joining in

Hi.  I moved house a few weeks ago. Plugged all my boxes etc in the existing socket and called virgin to active my services.. broadband,  TV & phone..  these are all  working fine..

However my online account is all messed up. I registered, logged in at myvirgin and when I try to log in to thesky sports app or TV control app its tells me my account is not active.. I've tried for 3 weeks explaining to customer service both on phone and live chat and nobody can fix this for me.. just keep getting transferred from one department to another..

Can Anyboby help..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Kenny1970,

When you move house VM close the account at your old address and create a new account for new property.

When you log into My Virgin Media are the details showing for your new property or your old property?

If it's your old property then it's likely that you need to create a new My Virgin Media account.

It sounds like your Sky Sports app details and those for the TV Control app are still linked to the old account at your previous address which is why they aren't working.

Normally as part of a Home Move VM perform a Move & Shift to transfer your details to the new property.

A member of the Forum Team should pick this up in a day or two, they will probably want to PM your good self for validation purposes and take your details to update the new account.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Kenny1970,

When you move house VM close the account at your old address and create a new account for new property.

When you log into My Virgin Media are the details showing for your new property or your old property?

If it's your old property then it's likely that you need to create a new My Virgin Media account.

It sounds like your Sky Sports app details and those for the TV Control app are still linked to the old account at your previous address which is why they aren't working.

Normally as part of a Home Move VM perform a Move & Shift to transfer your details to the new property.

A member of the Forum Team should pick this up in a day or two, they will probably want to PM your good self for validation purposes and take your details to update the new account.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your reply..

I've used the account no and area code from the contract started on the 9th July.. to register and it says I already have an account...

I log into myvirginmedia and I can see my package details.

I was advised to change my username by the customer support so I did this using my Gmail email..

Now I can only log into the TvGo app using my old username and it works.

The TV control app and sky sports app only accept my new username. I log in successfully  but either tells me I have no valid account or it is not active..

Why do I have two usernames with the same password?

The contract started on the 9th shows my new address.

I  just seem to go around in loops!!!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kenny1970

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some problems accessing the online account/features since moving address.

We would normally arrange for the details to be transferred over but it sounds like this has not been processed. 

With this being the case, I would be happy to take a closer look from our side. 

I will pop you over a private message to grab a few details and we can go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat