Menu
Sms68
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Number of devices

Why do I keep getting the message that I have reached the maximum number of devices when I watch virgin go but it’s the same device at the same location

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number of devices

It appears the system requires cookies to be saved to continue recognising a device.

If you regularly clear your browser cache and cookies this will cause each attempt to access TV Go to be seen as a new device, and hence hit the device change limit frequently.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sms68
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

thank you, but is clearing my history the same thing and I am not aware that I am cleaning cookie ? Sorry I am not very technical.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Quite probably, yes.  Usually there are options that can be selected to restrict exactly what is deleted when hitting the clear history option.

If you search the help option on your regular browser it should explain all the options available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sms68
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello thank you for your advice I clear my history but  I am not Aware of clearing my cookie ? Sorry I am not very Good with technic device’s.l 

0 Kudos
Sms68
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I will try this
0 Kudos