Menu
Waterloo15
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Number of devices Registered. Usual Virgin not working as expected

Apparently I have reached the maximum number of devices. Four are my Laptop and one is my mobile. It says I cannot update for a month as I have used all available slots. Yet I am not trying to use a new device. I am just trying to use my laptop. I have seen numerous cases like this on this community and none of them ever seem to be resolved. 

What are Virgin doing about this? 

all say My Computer - Google Chrome. What have I done wrong? Each time I logged in it registered me as a new device and now I cannot watch it. Trying to watch Champions LEague, please help?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number of devices Registered. Usual Virgin not working as expected

Hi Waterloo15,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been having issues registering devices as it seems your laptop is using up more than one spot.

When you are using a browser rather than the app if your computer/ laptop deletes cookies automatically this causes it to be seen as another device as it doesn't remember it as the cookie has gone, please check the setting and untick delete cookies automatically and you will find this will stop happening.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Waterloo15
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your helpful response. Does this mean though that it will not delete cookies for all sites visited not just Virgin TV Go or can this be done on an individual basis? 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Waterloo

We've recently made some changes in regards to the devices and registration that should have fixed the issue you've been experiencing. We've reset your devices allowance and we would appreciate it if you could monitor this going forward and let us know here if you experience any further issues.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos