cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not available in your region

Michael_burdiss
Joining in

Hi, I've recently downloaded the virgin tv go app on my phone and ipad. On the phone it works fine, however on my ipad I get a message of "content not available in your region".

I understand the but about it not being available outside of the UK but the devices are 6 inches apart in my house on the wifi in the UK....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Michael_burdiss.

One more question with regards to your VPN, are you able to access tv go when using your VPN as mentioned earlier it wasn't connected?

I want to cover all the bases before I log this with the team, so I have all the information to go on.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

I don't have a VPN as it's a works ipad I haven't done anything to the settings. It's just when I go to settings it just says "not connected" and then when I open that menu it just has "add VPN configuration" so I don't the ipad has ome set up.

Regards

Mike 

Thanks for coming back to us @Michael_burdiss.

Does this happen via a data connection aswell or just a connection via your hub?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the message.

I've tried to use the mobile data on the works sim card, the virgin internet on the wifi and I also tried to use my phone as a hot spot.

Sadly each one was unsuccessful in getting the Virgin app to play any content. 

Regards

Mike

Thanks for coming back to me @Michael_burdiss.

I'm sorry that I have asked numerous questions, I do have two more questions, then we can log this with our support team.

Would you be able to use your mobile as hotspot and then try to connect via the mobile, to see if this works or not?

Also have you spoken to your companies IT department for them to check this, to see if there are any limitations on the ipad that would be causing this?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your message.

IT are not aware of any reason, they are under the impression that as other platforms such as Netflix, Sky sports app etc work then the Virgin app should also work.

I have tried to use my home wifi and also my phone as a hotspot but both without success.

Regards

Mike 

Thanks for letting us know Mike, this certainly is a strange situation and I'm going to escalate this this to get it looked into further.

Once I have an update on this I will let you know here, apologies for the delays in getting this resolved.

Rob