cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not available in this region

wiff74
Tuning in

I am logged in to my account and can watch a few channels but mainly only bbc, I can’t watch itv, sky, ore most of the channels available. We have full access to all these channels at home but not on virgintvgo when we are away camping? We have been able to use this service on this campsite previously but it’s as though channels are blocked. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @wiff74 

I've just edited my previous post and added, "If it is due to a VPN then you should be able to turn it off in the program or browser settings. (turn it back on when you've finished)"

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @wiff74 

You shouldn't be able to watch the BBC channels via VM's TVGO - there should be a pop a box advising you to "Watch on iPlayer" and you need to download iPlayer to watch those channels. This is a restriction of the broadcaster.

ITV and the non sport Sky channels should be OK to watch providing you pay for those channels via your VM subscription, although there are sometimes programs that the broadcasters restrict due to licence issues. Sky Sports channels are available via the Sky Sports app which must be downloaded.

If you have a 360 box then it's possible that you've set up a profile which doesn't include the missing channels and you need to switch to a different profile to watch those channels.

If there's a message saying "not available in this region" this is usually due to the device using a VPN which is often downloaded as a browser extension, or as part of an anti virus program. The user often has no idea these are even active. 

EDIT - If it is due to a VPN then you should be able to turn it off in the program or browser settings. (turn it back on when you've finished)

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for the response. I think it will be the vpn as I am using Norton on the laptop we are trying to watch programmes on. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @wiff74 

I've just edited my previous post and added, "If it is due to a VPN then you should be able to turn it off in the program or browser settings. (turn it back on when you've finished)"

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

I had been using a VPN but have now uninstalled it and it is no longer on my phone. When I look in my settings my phone recognises that there is no VPN on my device, but when I try to watch Virgin TV Go it still says that it is not available in my region.

Please help as it's very frustrating.

Cheers

Daniel 

19DannyBhoy67
Joining in

Should also add that I have deleted my cookies as well on Chrome.