Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No valid Tv Control app found

I keep getting ‘No Valid TV account app found ‘on my iPhone and I pad devices  . It’s driving me crazy as I have been dealing with Virgin a week now on this . After deleting and reinstalling app several times , checking up IP addresses etc  and advising  I first noticed it was not working on My TiVo box in November 19 whilst I was  away on holiday and wanted to record .  The box was changed to a V6 box as one of the operators advised TiVo box no longer supports the app after trying more tests . I lost recordings due to this.  This has now been installed and I’m still getting the same message nothing’s changed . All the settings on the box are correct for mobile access etc low power etc not eco. What has me irked to the point of handing the equipment back completely now and finishing up ,is twice today I have called up , spoke with two operators with 20 minute waiting to then be put on hold again after repeating the whole problem again and again and then I was disconnected both times ,another two hours spent on this and no one had called me back despite me asking them to! customer services says it’s included but when I look at my package account on the home page it mentions nothing about it , it say virgin go and connect apps are included which I have no problem using . Given what the error message says it seems virgin need to sort my account but I can’t get through to them they didn’t even talk to me just advised the operator that it’s included ! I’m not impressed with virgin service can anyone else help me before I cancel with them ? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No valid Tv Control app found

Hi Gary54,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of this and want to help you get this sorted. I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this securely.

Kind regards,

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John 

Thank you for the welcome it’s my last resort . I’ll pick up with you shortly 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update with this problem,

I am sorry to report the Virgin have done nothing after over a month, despite, they say escalating the problem! I have  not had one update from them since "escalation" I hope no one else get this issue because I will be  cancelling my time with them and my time on here!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary.

I am sorry it's not been fixed yet. I have spoke to IT to re-escalate this for you. This should hopefully be fixed asap and again apologies for the time it's taking.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos