Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No compatible virgin box found

Hi,

I used to be able to use the virgin control app to connect to my tivo v6 box but since I moved a year ago it has stopped working.

I brought my tivo v6 and hub 3 router with me when I moved and the only thing that has changed is the light on the router has gone from white to yellow. Speaking with an engineer they said not to worry and to ignore the colour change.

I've set the following settings:

- Power settings to connected, low power.

- Network remote control to allow network based remote controls.

I'm able to connect to virgin media services

The ip begins with 192.168 showing it's connected.

I'm able to test the connection successfully. 

The DNS test is successful. 

The port test does fail however, stating TCP 80, 8080, 80, 7287, 7288 and 8081 needs opening but from I have read this is not related.

All other devices on the network work fine and show in the virgin connect app and through 192.168.0.1.

I have tried rebooting the router and the tivo box to no avail and can still not use the virgin control app with it.

When the app fails it displays No compatible virgin box found along with check account. Selecting account brings up a blank screen.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling on multiple android devices with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No compatible virgin box found

Hi Adam_Uk, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're having this issue using the app since moving, it's not good. 

It does sound like there's an issue on your account causing this, so I'm going to need to access your account and get some further details from yourself. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No compatible virgin box found

I managed to fix this by setting up a new email account in my virgin media account.

Logging in to set up the streaming service and then logging back in with my virgin media account.

Although the new account allowed setup, it threw an error (E=198 V=-1), stating only the main account could stream recordings.

0 Kudos