Menu
Go1dy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 60
Flag for a moderator

New IOS TV control app glitches....

Anyone else find the app defaults to display subtitles when I watching recordings on iPad. I can turn it off once it’s playing by clicking the speech bubble but the next time I run the app they’re on again by default.

also the old app used to quickly flick forward and back by 30sec increments on a recording when viewing on IPad nice and quickly, now it takes about 10secs to catch up and continue playing.

slicker app overall but the introduction on issues that were never there on the previous release shows a lack of regression testing.  Or is it just me

i have an iPad Pro running the latest iOS and version of Virgin TV controller app

MrAnderson69uk
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Re: New IOS TV control app glitches....

Same here, damn annoying. I read their help on this and they effectively say they follow the Accessibility settings on the device if on iOS, Android etc. from the fact they say you can control it from the devices settings - why else would they say there are settings on the device to control AD/Subtitles???

They obviously don't as my iPad has the settings disabled!

VM App developers, on the next update, can you set this to default off, I don't want to sound negative or disrespectful, but I'm sure there's a larger percentage of user who don't require Subtitles! Or better still, remember the last state of the 'speech' bubble on the video player.

Go1dy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 60
Flag for a moderator

>bump<

VM team, any response, is this glitch on subtitles and general app slowness when jumping forward and back vs the legacy app going to be addressed in your next release?

thanks 😊 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

My apologies for the delayed reply. This is something we're still looking into and I'll be in touch when I know more.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Can I confirm, is this on recordings or Live TV/both?

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Go1dy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it’s only on recordings.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Hi Go1dy,

Thanks for letting us know.

I'll need to confirm some specific details with you, so we can investigate the issue in more detail.

I'm going to send you over a PM so we can take a look.

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
mattbabs
Dialled in
Message 8 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Another issue is that the status bar at the top of the screen does not disappear when watching a programme - clock, battery, WiFi connection. Very distracting when watching a programme with black bars. 

starlir
Dialled in
Message 9 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Was this ever resolved as on my iPad the app still defaults to subtitles on.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Hi starlir,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Disappointing to hear you're still having ongoing issues with our app. 

We have done updates to the app and made some changes. Have you updated to the latest version of the app? 

If the issue is still persisting we will need to look in to this further for you.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos